JohnleyJ

More Space For Recording?

Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:52 am

Hello Their I've Had Bandiacam For A Long Time Now And I Am Getting Sick Of It Because Every time I Make A Video For My YouTube Channel It Takes Away Space! I Started With 27.8GB Now I'm At 9GB! Someone Please Help! :( :!:

Zuzu_Typ

Re: More Space For Recording?

Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:13 am

Hello JohnleyJ,

there is so much I can say to this, I will try to make it the shortest possible.

Videos take a lot of disk space, that's just how it is. You can't have a decent one hour HD video and expect it to be as small as 3 MB or something.

However you can reduce your video size if you change the video codec. As always I would suggest the MPEG-1 codec.

This is something you can only do with Bandicam, you couldn't do this with Fraps or other recording software.
So Bandicam is already your best choice when trying to waste few disk space but sustain quality, I don't see how you could "get tired" of it, since there's no real alternative.

The easiest way of recovering disk space would be to delete the videos. This is pretty safe, as you have the videos on YouTube, from where you can even download them (via the video manager).
Keep in mind though, that the video quality may be worse than the original and you can only download the final (edited) version and not the unedited, "raw" footage (unless you don't edit it anyway).

Another way would be to get rid of other unneeded stuff on your pc.
Software you never use or documents for work you did 3 years ago, all of that you can just delete if you're sure you won't need it anymore.
Take a look at Ccleaner if you're interested in cleaning your PC.
But please note, never use such programs to clean or "repair" the registry, you could potentially screw your PC, I know what I'm talking about, since I've had that happen before.

Otherwise the best solution would be to buy another hard disk, because you will then have more space overall.

I hope I was able to help you,
--Zuzu_Typ--

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Re: More Space For Recording?

Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:54 am

If I may pop in, although the knowledgeable Zuzu_Typ is entirely correct, I have just one more addition:

You can also try changing your recording settings. Although slightly confusing at first, in the Video Category, hit the Settings button and play with the various options in there. Lowering the Quality and Size make the biggest differences, but of course create lower-quality recordings. Do some short tests with different settings and see which combination you like best (small size, but 'good enough' quality, for what you want to do).

As Zuzu_Typ stated, recording video takes up a lot of space... I have almost filled two thousand of gigabytes of space already (on a 2TB drive - I really have to do some housecleaning of the videos, haha). While a lot of fun and easy to do many recordings with Bandicam, it can build up pretty quick. Try some of Zuzu_Typ's other ideas to clean up some space, as you need to.

Have fun recording, though!

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”