Ereshkigal

Screen Recording Audio is Muffled

Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:23 am

Recently, I've tried to record some Famitracker(a music program) files to upload to YouTube. However, when I try to record them, the audio sounds very muffled, as if it was put through a low-pass filter.

I am using Windows 10, and have already set the audio device to "Stereo Mix", so that can't be the issue. I've also tried recording non-Famitracker audio and I still get this error, so it's not a problem with that program. Does anyone know how to solve this error?

To give you an idea of what I'm taking about, I've included link to a .zip with both the .mp4 video that was recorded and an .mp3 audio file made straight from the program that lacks the muffled sound here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0pbZ ... zktNERRVTQ

If you need any more details to help me, feel free to ask. Thanks in advance! :)

Zuzu_Typ

Re: Screen Recording Audio is Muffled

Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:18 pm

Hello Ereshkigal,

I tried recording FamiTracker with Bandicam myself, but I didn't encounter the issue you mentioned.

Have a look at my video.

I recorded with both audio codecs Bandicam has to offer at 48KHz frequency from the "Default Sound Device".

I've heard about that stereo-mix thing before, but, is there a reason why you don't simply use the "Default Sound Device"?

Please try messing with the settings, that might help.

Anyway I hope I was able to help you,
--Zuzu_Typ--

Ereshkigal

Re: Screen Recording Audio is Muffled

Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:08 pm

Thank you so much! I was worried that the default settings would do something weird(Since that's how they worked in Camstudio), so I never thought to check them. :oops: While giving those settings helped with the issue, I found the true source of my problems when looking at the .wav files from the video. It turned out that my VOLUME was set too high, causing large amount of clipping. :oops: Thank you so much for the help! Now that this issue is fixed, I can finally register Bandicam and start uploading to YouTube!

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”