Grim

Lag in recording

Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:03 pm

Question: i have tried out a lot of settings in Bandicam when I try to record World of Tanks replays. When I play the replay itself while recording it, it gives me a 35 to 40 FPS, which is more or less what I get while gaming, and the movements are all fluently while the images are as good as I know them from the game. So what I saw ingame is exactly what I see on screen while recording, and what I want to post on youtube.

Yet when I look at the recording Bandicam made of it, is all laggy as hell. It does not look like it is 30 FPS at all. Why is this? Why isnt Bandicam recording what I am seeing on my screen while recording? Is this something in the settings? What should I do.

I looked at the FAQ's about this issue, but all it does there is tell what to do if the computer is lagging. Yet the pc is doing just fine, as is proven by the high quality of the replay I see while recording. No problem there. All I can think of is Bandicam not being able to really record what is being played. So Bandicam fails hard. Is this the case?

What I basically wonder, is why I paid money to Bandisoft for screen recording software that seems to be incapable of recording what I see on my screen. My pc is strong enough to play the game with decent graphics settings, all the details and fluent motion, but Bandicam can't capture that. Matter of settings or broken recording software?

What is happening here, guys?

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Re: Lag in recording

Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:20 pm

Question: i have tried out a lot of settings in Bandicam when I try to record World of Tanks replays. When I play the replay itself while recording it, it gives me a 35 to 40 FPS, which is more or less what I get while gaming, and the movements are all fluently while the images are as good as I know them from the game. So what I saw ingame is exactly what I see on screen while recording, and what I want to post on youtube.

Yet when I look at the recording Bandicam made of it, is all laggy as hell. It does not look like it is 30 FPS at all. Why is this? Why isnt Bandicam recording what I am seeing on my screen while recording? Is this something in the settings? What should I do.

I looked at the FAQ's about this issue, but all it does there is tell what to do if the computer is lagging. Yet the pc is doing just fine, as is proven by the high quality of the replay I see while recording. No problem there. All I can think of is Bandicam not being able to really record what is being played. So Bandicam fails hard. Is this the case?

What I basically wonder, is why I paid money to Bandisoft for screen recording software that seems to be incapable of recording what I see on my screen. My pc is strong enough to play the game with decent graphics settings, all the details and fluent motion, but Bandicam can't capture that. Matter of settings or broken recording software?

What is happening here, guys?
If I may pop in with a few ideas to start off...

It takes more processing and rendering power of the system to record while playing (CPU and GPU). A game can be smooth while playing and even seem smooth while recording, but the resulting video can still be 'choppy' or 'laggy', because of the extra demand of recording.

What are your system specs?
If you don't mind sharing, this can give some idea of where potential 'bottlenecks' may lie. For example, if you have a great CPU (the main engine of the computer) and a good GPU (the videocard, that calculates what to display on your screen), a slow drive to record to can still slow down recording (eg. recording to an external hard drive through USB, or a hard drive that is having problems/aging/etc). This may not be your issue specifically, I am just shooting out ideas on where we can start looking.

Does Bandicam record other games the same way? Does it record the Desktop the same way?
If it is only this one game that is having problems, perhaps that is something you can bring up at their Support Forum (as well as here).

Bandisoft (the Developer) may come in here, to give you even better ideas. These are just some ideas off the top of my head to start off...
Hopefully it can be figured out where the problem may lay :geek:

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”