Gondracorn

Display Coding Status Error - Xvid

Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:48 am

Hi. I am having a problem with the Xvid Mpeg-4 Codec while recording on the Dolphin Emulator. Whenever I click "record" with any combination of options selected and deselected for the Recorder, it always gives me an "Xvid Status" window, which does not respond.
Xvid Status Window Error.PNG
Xvid Status Window Error.PNG (3.7 KiB) Viewed 5668 times
I have turned off the Display Status Window,
Display Encoding Status Disabled.PNG
Display Encoding Status Disabled.PNG (5.5 KiB) Viewed 5668 times
and checked the registry for "Display Status", and it is 0, which means it should not come up.

It happens with all versions of dolphin. You apparently cannot uninstall the Xvid Codec. I tried, even with the "add and remove programs".

Is there any update to bandicam 3.2.3 that will fix this issue? When I try to record with HVEC or MP4 or any other high resolution - good fps codec, it gives me a "Failed to initialize codec" error.

Windows 10 Pro
AMD FX ??? (When I try to open the system page, it gives me the message: "Page failed to load")
GPU: Nvidia GTX 630

Also, some of my apps that need to update that connect to the internet don't work, so, I'm guessing I have a firewall blocking those programs from executing. But the firewall shouldn't affect bandicam's recording.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Display Coding Status Error - Xvid

Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:46 am

Hello!

Why don't you try Bandicam's internal codecs such as H264 (NVENC)", H264 (CPU), MPEG-1?

Gondracorn

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:54 am

Hey, I'm reopening this topic

Apparently, the problem persists on my new computer. Most of the other errors strangely also persist.

My old computer is nothing like the new one, except that it has Nvidia graphics card.

Nvidia GTX 1060, Intel 7700K

I don't know why this keeps popping up...

Results (FFXIV):

ALL Avi: Playing in fast or slow motion makes the video not play at all (Windows Media Player AND VLC media player)

Avi Specific Problems:
H.264 (Nvidia): Records fine for the first minute, then begins to have screen tearing
H.264 (CPU): Low quality recording, slows down process or causes crashes with the game
Xvid & MPEG-1: Low quality recording, even with maxed out settings
Lossless Codecs: Records fine, uses up massive space

Mp4 specific problems:
HVEC: Records fine for the first minute, then begins to have screen tearing. Slow-Mo and Fast playback really shows screen tearing problems from the start. Also, sometime causes game to crash.
H.264 (Nvidia): Records fine for the first minute, then begins to have screen tearing. Slow-Mo and Fast playback really shows screen tearing problems from the start.
H.264 (CPU): Low quality recording, slows down process or causes crashes with the game
MPEG-4: Does not seem to load.

XVID seems to be the only one without problems, if it weren't for the fact that the XVID status window pops up even after unchecking "Display Status Window"... My computer is brand new just a few days ago. All up-to-date too.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:25 pm

Hello Gondracorn,

Please refer to the following FAQ and try recording again.

Lag/Lagging: Computer lag, my computer runs slowly
https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/how_to_re ... recording/

Regarding the tearing issue, please uncheck the "Use enhanced capture method (faster, Windows 8 or above)" option, and try recording again.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”