RyanDCB

Suggestion - Only Record Game Audio

Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:21 am

I've literally used every good recording software there is for computers and none of them allow for the ability to just record a single source of audio. By that I mean, it will record any sound on the computer at the time. Meaning if I'm playing a game, and talking to people on Skype, the people on Skype will have lower quality audio because it's Skype.

What I would honestly adore is the ability to record JUST the game audio, but still be able to talk to the people on Skype without their audio being picked up. A single audio source, or perhaps the choice to select what audio sources you want to be recorded. It might be a bit of extra effort to implement but it would be incredibly useful and Bandicam would be the first of the major recording software to have this function.

So please do consider adding this. It'd be beneficial for everyone and I can't imagine it'd be the hardest task in the world. Thanks for reading.

Zuzu_Typ

Re: Suggestion - Only Record Game Audio

Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:33 am

Hi RyanDCB,

you can record a single source of audio, if you have multiple devices to output the audio through.

The thing is, every program either asks Windows for the currently selected default audio output device or it chooses it by itself.

Bandicam is able to record those devices, however since games usually send their audio to the default sound device, you will always have at least the windows system sounds as an interference.

You can choose the audio output device in Skype by the way.

As you can see, you cannot record the audio of a specific process like that.

One approach of accomplishing this would be for Bandisoft to create their own audio driver or have their own virtual output device.

I wouldn't expect to see this feature anytime soon.

Bandisoft may prove I'm wrong with that belief, you never know.

Have a nice day and best regards,
--Zuzu_Typ--

RyanDCB

Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:23 am

Oh really? That's a real shame.

It definitely feels like something that should be a priority. I want to be able to hear sound, listen to my friends, and record all at the same time with quality. Oh well, I guess it can't be helped for now.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:57 pm

Hello RyanDCB,

We've found that we are able to record the game audio without the voices through Skype by following the process below.
Please notice that you need two sound cards.

1. Select the sound card A as the primary sound device on Bandicam.
2. Disable the secondary sound device on Bandicam.
3. Select the sound card B as both microphone and speakers on Skype configuration.

We hope that works!
Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”