TeaLeaf

Bandicam ALWAYS records mic instead of other sounds.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:17 am

Hi

I'm getting this issue where Bandicam records only my microphone audio instead of everything else. I am not actually trying to playback my Mic at all, but I am recording audio in Audacity at the same time.

I only get this issue with a specific game, Tribes Ascend, and only in OpenGL/DX window targeting mode. I found that I could workaround the issue by running the game in windowed mode and using the rectangle record feature but I got a fairly horrible FPS drop.

I'm using windows 7 and have set my sound to record from Win7 Sound (WASAPI), I have also tried Primary Sound Capture Driver and get identical results. If I disable my microphone it gives me an error message about not starting audio recording correctly but then works perfectly if I retry, however I need my microphone enabled to record audio.

Any ideas?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Bandicam ALWAYS records mic instead of other sounds.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:20 pm

Hello!

1. You should set Speakers as Defualt Device
If you choose "Win7 sound (WASAPI)", all you have to do is settings Speakers as Defualt Device
For more information, see http://www.bandicam.com/faqs/no_sound_r ... x_problem/

2. If you still can't record computer sounds, please attached some screenshot like below
1) Bandicam - Recording Settings

2) Windows - Playback tab

3) Windows - Recording tab

TeaLeaf

Re: Bandicam ALWAYS records mic instead of other sounds.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:31 am

I've already fixed it. Basically I just stop recording once and start again after alt tabbing back in. No idea why that changes anything but it may be worth looking into.

I tried all of those changes before as you have posted them in other threads but they didn't help.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”