Klauz

Likelyhood of buffered recording ala Fraps?

Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:15 pm

Heya,

I've been using the trial version for a while and I absolutely love the program. A bit of a deal-breaker for me would be the option to utilize buffered recording like the feature in Fraps, though.

Are there any plans to implement this?

Edit: To explain, it records constantly and deletes old footage, then when you press to actually record something it will start the recording from 15 seconds in the past.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Likelyhood of buffered recording ala Fraps?

Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:42 pm

Hello!

Could you tell us why you want to have that function?
We don't think Bandicam needs the buffering option.

Bandicam uses multi-threading and it optimizes the capturing area and the saving area.

Klauz

Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:11 pm

I might like to record a couple of memorable scenes from a game I'm playing, but only have 10-20GB free on my HDD. Not enough space to constantly record ~30m long games (which I would then have to immediately chop down to record more), but with the buffered recording ability I would be able to only grab the parts where something interesting happens.

Since it allows you to "start from the past" it's much easier to make sure you record the shots you want without needing to record 24/7.

allmhuran

Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:09 pm

Yes, buffered mode is the one feature of fraps that still makes it better than anything else currently available for recording highlights footage. It's pratically a requirement for first persons shooter recording, because without it
1) You end up with dozens of gigabytes of unwanted footage, and
2) You have to wade through all that footage later to find the bits you wanted.

With the buffered recording mode you stop the recording a few seconds after something happens, at which point fraps creates the video file out of whatever is in the buffer. Then you start up your buffered recording again. You get all the highlights in nice small videos with no wasted space or wasted time. I bought fraps just for this feature.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:01 pm

Hello Klauz and allmhuran,

Thank you for your detailed explanation.
This function seems to be useful for gamers

We will try to add this function.

Klauz

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:18 am

Would be awesome if you get it included! Excellent work on Bandicam so far - it's far superior to Fraps / other alternatives when it comes to keeping up a nice FPS.
Yes, buffered mode is the one feature of fraps that still makes it better than anything else currently available for recording highlights footage. It's pratically a requirement for first persons shooter recording, because without it
1) You end up with dozens of gigabytes of unwanted footage, and
2) You have to wade through all that footage later to find the bits you wanted.

With the buffered recording mode you stop the recording a few seconds after something happens, at which point fraps creates the video file out of whatever is in the buffer. Then you start up your buffered recording again. You get all the highlights in nice small videos with no wasted space or wasted time. I bought fraps just for this feature.
You explained it much more eloquently than I could, thanks :)

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”