ikrananka

Best Hardware Upgrade?

Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:24 am

I have been using Bandicam for some months now but feel that my system is struggling at times. Occasionally I will get fps and audio out of sync issues. I have a decent video card, an AMD R9 390, but am not using the AMP APP codec due to the fact that I am recording at 1440p60 which AMD APP does not yet support. So, I am recording to MP4 using the H.264 CPU and MPEG-4 codecs.

I would really like to upgrade my hardware to avoid bottleneck issues with Bandicam. So, what piece(s) of hardware are the best to upgrade to provide more power to Bandicam, e.g. CPU/Motherboard, memory etc.

My current hardware specs are:

CPU = Intel i7-865K overclocked to 3.85GHz
Motherboard = ASUS P7P55D-E PRO
Memory = 8GB DDR3
Graphics = STRIX-R9390-DC3OC-8GD5-GAMING
Hard Drive = 2x Western Digital Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Best Hardware Upgrade?

Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:36 am

Hello ikrananka,

We are afraid that we cannot respond your questions regarding the hardware upgrade.

ikrananka

Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:04 am

WOW!!!!!!! What kind of answer is that? As the developer's of this software, you are the ONLY ones who can answer my question and are the ONLY ones who have the technical understanding of the software to know where it makes demands on a PC the most. I find your answer not only totally unhelpful but also very unprofessional in that you are unwilling to even try and help.

Having searched the forums I see that you alluded to an answer to my question here: viewtopic.php?p=15095&sid=ea334baa9af79 ... b1d#p15095. Why could you have not even repeated this information here for my benefit rather than just state that you "cannot respond"?

You could also have even taken the easy route and pointed me to this FAQ post: https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/how_to_re ... recording/, where at the end it states "you may upgrade your graphics card, CPU, and RAM to increase the performance of your computer".

But no, you instead choose to be TOTALLY unhelpful. Well, at least I now know what support from Bandisoft looks like and it certainly makes me want to support some other, more helpful, company in my future purchases.

Zuzu_Typ

Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:52 am

Well what you didn't realize is that your question can be interpreted a little different.

Say you overlookor misinterpret the following
So, what piece(s) of hardware are the best to (upgrade to) provide more power to Bandicam
And suddenly you'll understand why they didn't give you an answer.

I wouldn't want to be the one responsible for problems related to hardware I suggested either.

Also how do you evaluate a whole company by a single post of a single person that you yourself saw helping others (seeing as you quoted Bandisoft)?

I know sometimes forum answers are / appear useless, take magix.info for example (one of the 'forum managers' kept telling me he didn't understand my problem and then left some of my questions unanswered to this very day), but at least you get an answer here.

I am a little disappointed whenever Bandisoft use their standard answers, but I guess that's how it goes.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”