CerebralStasis

Bandicam Switching Audio

Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:52 pm

I am more than a little annoyed with Bandicam at the moment.

Since mixing audio breaks it, I have been recording my commentary separately and relying on Bandicam to record my system audio. However, today, Bandicam, which is normally set to Win7 Sound, suddenly began recording my commentary from my microphone INSTEAD of the Windows 7 audio.

My microphone is not set to be listened to and I am certain that it was set correctly.

I seemed to have some luck recording from Creative "What U Hear," which seemed to mimic the system audio, so I set Bandicam to record from that instead. Then, after recording, I come to find that What U Hear has been set to unavailable and Bandicam took the liberty of recording only my voice again, meaning I have multiple recording sessions with no system audio because of the Bandicam broken audio bug, then Bandicam switching around its audio settings without my permission.

For reference, I was recording Vessel with DirectX input at the time of this frustrating happening.

Now that I try to replicate it, it is recording the system audio again. What would make it switch spontaneously to listening to my microphone instead?

CerebralStasis

Re: Bandicam Switching Audio

Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:51 pm

It happened again. When I am recording the DirectX input of Vessel, Bandicam records my microphone instead of my selected audio (the Win 7 audio). When I record the screen, it records system audio correctly.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Hello!

Bandicam doesn't change any of your sound settings.
Skype or other programs can change/reduce the system sound, but Bandicam doesn't change any Windows sounds.

Not to record your microphone, see http://www.bandicam.com/faqs/how_to_rec ... icrophone/

CerebralStasis

Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:13 am

By "chance the sound settings," I meant the Bandicam's audio settings. I'll continue to test and report on my findings.

EDIT: In my latest test, it did record correctly. Perhaps it was Skype.

I apologize for my frustration with the original post.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”