Sinxar

Significant issues with v3.3.0 onward

Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:49 pm

Hi! I have been having a ton of issues with the more recent bandicam versions. The latest version 3.3.3 has been the worst so far.

So what happens is it appears to record and everything as normal. Later i'll go back and check the footage and it is either completely corrupted or there are horrible sound artifacts and huge amounts of what appears to be dropped frames in the output.

On earlier versions (such as 3.3.0) I was able to solve this issue on my own as I noticed it the priority was set to normal for some reason. Setting it to high fixed it. I recently reinstalled windows and the issue is back and worse than ever. Changing the priority has no effect on this issue unfortunately. I prepared a video for you so it is much easier to explain what I mean. I got lucky and this bit was not completely corrupted.

Warning! There is a super loud static sound in this video, make sure to turn down the volume!

Yeah... I am not using a mic or anything. Just recording the game and the sound. Just to be clear, this issue may have been present before 3.3.0, I don't know as I only noticed it then. I am at a loss on what to do here. Let me know what information you need to get this sorted.

my rig:
windows 10 x64
Intel i7-4790k
16GB DDR3-2800
Asus Z97-E
GTX 1070
Sound Blaster Z
acer XB270HU (144hz gsync).
OS + Games drive = OCZ Trion 150 480GB
Not sure of the model of the HDD I use for recording to, it is a 500GB Seagate.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Significant issues with v3.3.0 onward

Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:21 pm

Hello Sinxar,

Since you have reinstalled the OS, it might be a problem with the drivers.
Please follow the steps below and try recording again.

1. Uninstall your graphics card driver, and install the latest graphics card driver.
2. Uninstall your sound card driver, and install the latest sound card driver.
3. Download the latest version of Bandicam from https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/
4. Select the H264 (CPU) video codec.

If you still have the issue, please let us know if you have the same issue with the screen recording mode.

Thank you.

Sinxar

Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:31 pm

Thanks. Strangely enough the Nvidia site seems to be down or something, im getting a gateway timeout error. I did try selecting H264 (CPU) but I cannot seem to open it with movie studio platinum 13.

I'll check the nvidia site again in a few hours and reinstall the driver and get back to you.

Sinxar

Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:57 am

Well I tried reinstalling my drivers as you suggested (they were already most recent but I did it anyway). No change.

I decided to reinstall Windows 10 again because I updated to the latest version (creators update) and instead of doing the reinstall from Within windows I made a fresh USB installer. Seems to have fixed it for now.

Super weird but it is working. I cannot find any clue about what went wrong to cause that issue. I'll keep monitoring it and let you know if it occurs again.

While I have you, do you know I could use the h264 codec (cpu or nvidia) so it works with Vegas/Movie Studio Platinum 13?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:11 am

Hello Sinxar,

Thank you for your additional report.
We're glad to hear that the issue has been solved.

Regarding the codec compatibility for editing with Vegas/Movie Studio Platinum 13, please refer to the linked page.

AVI: Bandicam settings for Sony Vegas
https://www.bandicam.com/support/tips/sony-vegas/

Thank you.

Sinxar

Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:38 pm

Thanks.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”