Arix

Add a "cancel record" feature!

Sun May 07, 2017 4:36 pm

well, some of the people loves to make kill montage, frag movies, etc in their game, just like me. i want to record only my kills in my game (gta sa) but when i die, (ofc i dont want to include my deaths in the record) i need to go to the output folder and delete the output on where i died manually. so thats why i suggest this feature, instead of deleting output folder manually, just press cancel record hotkey and continue playing.

this makes people to record easier when they did mistakes. just press cancel record hotkey, and start again. thank you

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Re: Add a "cancel record" feature!

Sun May 07, 2017 7:57 pm

If I may, I would like to 'Second' this idea :!: /agree

To add, I have started seeing this recently in competitor game recording applications , where there is a Hotkey Combination that can be pressed, resulting in the last recording being automatically Cancelled (stop recording and/or start new recording) and the recording just made is automatically Deleted (removed from system or to Recycle Bin).

Just as Arix states, it will help to reduce the 'going back to the recordings and taking time searching through them and manually deleting ones that are not wanted'.

Great Suggestion!

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon May 08, 2017 2:22 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion.
We've forwarded it to our development team.

Ivan187

Thu May 11, 2017 8:02 pm

One could accidentally hit the "Cancel record" hotkey and lose the entire footage. It's better to just stop the recording, find the file and delete it under your volition.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Thu May 11, 2017 8:15 pm

One could accidentally hit the "Cancel record" hotkey and lose the entire footage. It's better to just stop the recording, find the file and delete it under your volition.
Nice catch - but if I may, something like this would likely be assigned a Hotkey Combination, as opposed to something too easy, to avoid it being hazardous. For example, in another game recording program where this function already exists, the developer has the Hotkey set, as a default, to the combination "CTRL+DEL" (which is also somewhat intuitive - and of course, the user can change it if they wish). You are correct though and I don't doubt this happens [especially to those of us 'getting older' heh].

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri May 12, 2017 10:35 am

Hello,

Thank you for your additional opinions.
We've forwarded them to our development team.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”