CandNJohnnymac

Record Issue: Tearing and Black Screen (Fullscreen Capture)

Tue May 09, 2017 8:53 am

Hello,

To start, I have the most recent update (3.4.0), but this problem started occurring in update 3.3. I have Windows 10, Intel i7-4790, 3.6 GHz, 16 Gb, x64 operating, GTX 960. Everything is fully up to date, including all programs and drivers I use in relation.

A couple days ago, I noticed my video files that I had recording started having an issue with tearing, which did not originate from the game itself, only in the recorded footage. I've been pouring over different solutions, but I've run into a few problems, which I will outline.

1. The source of the problem. Without making any changes to my settings, my recordings started having a tearing issue that did not originate from the game itself (this had never been an issue before).

2. I looked up some solutions, the main one being turn off the enhanced capturing method. This seemed to fix the solution (no more tearing and frame rate issues), but I have no idea why this, on it's own, started to occur. I had recently updated to the 3.3 version (My bandicam hadn't been automatically updating or notifying me), but I did not initially have this problem after updating. Nor did updating to 3.4 fix it.

3. After turning off enhanced capturing, when recording using the full screen function, I get a black screen once I open the game, but I can still hear the game sounds. This is whenever I play certain games full screen (for example, Slime Rancher is fine, but Outlast 2 is not). If I put the game in windowed mode, then I can see the game, but this is not preferable, and again I stress, has never been a problem. Nor does it matter If I click the fullscreen preset for bandicam when recording, nor when I manually set the size of the recording area.

4. I have restarted the app multiple times, reset to default and repeated the above procedures, tried with different games and parameters, etc. I believe this problem has stemmed from an update, but I have no idea from where.

But again, my main problem, regardless if I have enhanced recording on or off, is I would like to go back to where I had no tearing, and no black screen, which I have hundreds of hours of footage where that was the case, and I've been using the program for 3+ years. Picking between the two is obviously not the choice I should be forced into making now, so any help would be appreciated.

Dfactor

Re: Record Issue: Tearing and Black Screen (Fullscreen Captu

Wed May 10, 2017 2:06 am

Are you on Win10 Creator's Update? If so...
A poke in the dark, but did you try disabling fullscreen optimization on bandicam and/or your target games?
That feature broke a lot of things.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Record Issue: Tearing and Black Screen (Fullscreen Captu

Wed May 10, 2017 12:18 pm

Hello CandNJohnnymac,

Regarding the tearing issue with "Use enhanced capture method (faster, Windows 8 or above)" option, it might be a problem with an unclean or incomplete graphics driver installation.

The black screen issue when recording "Outlast 2" may happen if you record it with the Screen Recording Mode. Please try recording with the Game Recording Mode.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”