GameTipsAndMore Blog

5.1 PCM Audio ("Original format") seen as one Audio Track ?

Tue May 09, 2017 8:37 pm

Recently, I have been playing with a couple new versions of some video editing programs (one I purchased and one is a Trial Version) and I was importing some Bandicam clips that I recorded in "PCM Original Audio Format".

I assumed this would capture the 6 channel audio (5.1 Surround Sound) as six separate Audio Tracks within the AVI file, but importing it into video editors, it comes up as 'one Audio Track'.
Unfortunately, many "Pro-Sumer" level video editing programs ($50-$200) do not seem to support 6 or 8 channel sound in one Audio Track within one recorded file (it does not import, or is seen as "Unknown ACM 32bit").

My question is then: Is there a away to configure Bandicam to record the 5.1 audio as six discrete Audio Tracks within the recording file or as separate WAV files?

I tried the "Save audio tracks while recording" - and while that does work great at producing a WAV file output, it produces only one WAV audio file - even if there are six channels of audio (eg. with 5.1 audio, they are all in the one audio track within the WAV file).
This is not necessarily a bad thing on Bandicam's part (Bandicam works great!) it is just that, for compatibility with video editing programs, I am wondering if there is a way to produce six separate WAV files (eg. for 5.1 Surround audio), when recording with Bandicam, for importing into video editors later as separate 'Tracks'.

Thanks for any information of ideas anyone may have (perhaps there is some setting I missed)

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: 5.1 PCM Audio ("Original format") seen as one Audio Trac

Wed May 10, 2017 11:28 am

Hello GameTipsAndMore Blog,

Thank you for your suggestion.
We've forwarded your request to our development team and hopefully they will find a solution for it.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”