Phur3ouZ

Quiet sound volume

Wed May 02, 2012 7:47 pm

My problem has nothing to do with recording the sound (either externally through a microphone / internally from an application / both at the same time)
I have that all covered (stereo mix + microphone)

The problem is that Bandicam only seems to be recording the volume at about half of the actual volume.
E.G. - Talking on Skype, I hear them fine / they hear me fine. Playback, I would have to double my volume to make it sound the same
E.G. - Recording a game / window, the volume is approximately halved.

I have attached 2 files, one recording from a Youtube song, and the second one from the previously recorded clip, so you notice the difference. (No settings changed / same player / same song)

P.S while recording I noticed I was using 1.7.5, however I had tried with 1.7.9 as well, no change.

- Windows Version: Windows XP SP3 (32bit)
- Graphic card model: Intel(R) 965 Chipset || Not a video problem
- Bandicam version: 1.7.5 - 1.7.9
- Bandicam mode: DirectX / Rectangle
- Recording Target: All assortments (Game / Skype / Video)

Disregarding this problem, software is good, lite, and provides good benefits for it's size

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Quiet sound volume

Thu May 03, 2012 3:07 pm

When you start Skype, Skype will change your computer volume automatically.

* Windows XP user
When you are talking with your friends in Skype, the "Stereo Mix" will be unchecked by the Skype.
To record game/program/video/audio sounds, you should re-check the "Stereo Mix" while you are talking and increase the volume.

* Windows Vista/7/8 user
When you are talking with your friends in Skype, the "game/program/video/audio sounds" will be reduced by the Skype.
To record game/program/video/audio sounds, you should increase/restore the volume while you are talking.

Phur3ouZ

Re: Quiet sound volume

Thu May 03, 2012 6:52 pm

Thanks for the help, however upon further research I found it wasn't a problem with bandicam, but rather my hardware.

(Mac, psh.. can never compete)

Thanks, problem solved!

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”