Kitridge

Built in H.264 vs x264vfw Problem

Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:24 am

Hello,

When I record using the H.264/x264 recorder that comes built in with Bandicam (CPU acceleration or Nvidia acceleration), I end up with a file that I can edit in Power Director or Vegas Pro 14 that each editor has some problems with. After a while Power Director starts having problem reading the file complaining it's a corrupt video and the video preview window goes black. In Vegas Pro 14, the preview windows goes black as well and I have to restart my editors to make it show up again. Usually I have to restart the editors 10-20 times while editing to get through to the end of the recording and sometimes they crash on their own accord and I have to restart them manually. The raw recorded vid looks and plays fine, there's just something about it that my editors think is corrupted.

When I record with x264vfw using the bandicam recommended settings for editing in Sony Vegas, I get an output that doesn't throw any errors or give me any problems. It works perfectly in both Powerdirector and Vegas Pro 14. The only disappointment I have with this solution is that it's more intensive on my CPU than the built in NVENC encoder in bandicam that appears to only want to output problematic videos.

I've followed the troubleshooting steps in other threads by clean uninstalling bandicam, resetting its settings, clean uninstalling my nvidia drivers (1060GT) and reinstalling. What can I do to fix the built-in h264 encoder so I can use hardware acceleration for my recording?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Built in H.264 vs x264vfw Problem

Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:31 pm

Hello Kitridge,

If you'd like to edit the recorded video, please refer to the linked page.
https://www.bandicam.com/support/tips/video-editing/

Thank you.

nithushan8

Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:13 am

i am looking very low file size and high quality,do you have any special codec pack and configuration?

Kitridge

Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:29 am

Ah, try mp4... I am away from my PC for a few days, but I think I tried that before and I couldn't extract the 2nd audio track with my voice on it to edit it separately in Audacity. I'll have to give it another shot when I get home and let you know how it goes.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:16 pm

i am looking very low file size and high quality,do you have any special codec pack and configuration?
=> Please refer to https://www.bandicam.com/support/tips/best-codec/
I couldn't extract the 2nd audio track with my voice on it to edit it separately in Audacity.
=> Check the "Save audio tracks while recording (.wav)" option to save 1st and 2nd audio tracks.

=> To extract the 2nd audio track from the video file, try Bandicut.
Go to the Output settings of Bandicut and check the 'Extract audio tracks (.mp3)' option.

For more information, visit https://www.bandicam.com/bandicut-video ... pport/mp3/

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”