FoxTwo

Dragon Age Inquisition - unable to start recording

Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:22 pm

Hi,

I have just encountered something really puzzling. I remember in the past, I was able to record videos in Dragon Age Inquisition with Bandicam. However now, it seems that Bandicam doesn't "get" the "start recording" hotkey press in the game.

So I tried OBS with the same hotkeys configured. It was able to record.

I tried nVidia's Shadowplay, again configuring the same hotkeys. It also managed to record.

It seems then, that Bandicam has changed something recently, and now the hotkey is not registered in Dragon Age Inquisition.

Anyone else manage to reproduce this, and if so, how did you work around it?

ps: Bandicam works fine in other games with the same hotkeys. It's just Dragon Age Inquisition.

EDIT - Yes I ran Bandicam as Administrator. I even started DAI without Bandicam first, alt-tabbed out, right-clicked on Bandicam and chose "Run as Administrator" just to be sure. Still didn't work.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - unable to start recording

Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:49 pm

Hello FoxTwo,

We were not able to recreate your issue while recording Dragon Age Inquisition with Bandicam 3.4.4.

Since the game is run with Origin, you need to uncheck the "Windows Store Apps(UWP)" option on Bandicam.
Also you need to uncheck the "Enable Origin In Game" option in the Origin configuration.

If you still have the problem, please let us know the result of the below things.
1. Are you able to record the game with H264(CPU)?

2. Are you able to record the game in Windowed mode(Alt+Enter)?

3. We believe you have installed Bandicam 3.4.4 because you have checked the previous post(https://forum.bandicam.com/viewtopic.ph ... 006#p20006), but just to make sure, please reinstall Bandicam 3.4.4 and check if the problem still exists.

4. 4. Please check if the problem exists on Bandicam 3.2.2 in which the hooking issue of the game had been fixed. Download link: https://bandicam.en.uptodown.com/windows/old.

We look forward to your reply.

Thank you.

FoxTwo

Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:22 pm

Hi Bandicam Devs,

Thank you, unchecking UWP works, in latest version of Bandicam.

The interesting thing is, Mass Effect Andromeda works flawlessly without needing to uncheck UWP. Other origin games work fine too, like Battlefield.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:24 pm

Hello FoxTwo,

Great!
Thank you for your feedback.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”