Autumn19bs

"Bandicam failed to create file- already tried the steps

Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:55 am

I'm suddenly having an issue with bandicam recording a game, It says "failed to create file" and it is only with this one game in particular, I went to a different game and was able to record just fine, but this one I can't record.It was working earlier.I already reinstalled to the latest version, restarted laptop, changed to admin.I can not use the rectangle recording for video gaming, so that option is out.Any ideas? I do see the green FPS in the top.

The game I'm trying to record is Grand Theft Auto five, I recorded two videos earlier today, but now I can not record GTA 5

I tried recording American Truck Simulator, and it worked just fine.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: "Bandicam failed to create file- already tried the steps

Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:24 pm

Hello Autumn19bs,

It might be a problem with the graphics driver.
First, please uninstall the graphics driver completely and install the latest version.

If it does not seem to help, please let us know if you are able to record your computer screen through the 'Screen Recording' mode.
https://www.bandicam.com/how-to/screen-recorder/

Thank you.

Zuzu_Typ

Re: "Bandicam failed to create file- already tried the steps

Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:18 pm

Hi Autumn19bs,

I'm not sure what the steps are for this particular issue, but I'm guessing the folder is write protected.

In Bandicam there is the option to save recorded footage in a subfolder that is named after the executable (e.g. gta-sa, Minecraft, etc.), if that one folder Bandicam tries to put GTA V footage into is write protected, the file can't be created.

I'm not sure what the name of GTA V's executable is, but you'll probably be able to identify it anyway. Just check if the folder is write protected and if so, remove it.

Hope I was able to help you,
--Zuzu_Typ--

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”