GreenScale

Can't Record Steam Games But Other Ones?

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:11 am

So, I've been having some thoughts about getting back into YouTube recently. I decided to start out with a couple of Garry's Mod videos from Steam with the free version of Bandicam, but when I press the record hotkey in the game with Game Recorder Mode, it doesn't do anything...

That's like a... Steam bug? How does that make sense though? I understand this happened to a couple of others, but I just press it and nothing happens. I record Minecraft and internet browsers just fine, but it doesn't work on Steam...

It just sucks a bit because I'm pretty sure it means I'll have to do videos on games from Steam in Windowed mode with Screen Recording Mode, and after playing on Steam for 4 years I feel more comfortable playing fullscreen mode, and it's becoming a pain trying to figure this out alone.

Is there anything I should know about this? If so, comments would be likely appreciated.

Thanks.

By the way, my Computer Specs are below :

Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Processor : AMD FX(tm)-8150 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.6 GHz
Memory : 16384MB RAM
DirectX Version : DirectX 11

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Can't Record Steam Games But Other Ones?

Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:09 pm

Hello GreenScale,

We were not able to recreate your issue when recording Garry's Mod and Minecraft on steam.
It might be a problem with your graphics card driver.

First, please uninstall your graphics card driver and download the latest graphics card driver.

If you still have the problem after installing the latest graphic card driver, uninstall Bandicam and download the latest version of Bandicam 4.0.0.1331 from https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/ and choose the "H264 (CPU)" video codec and try it again.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”