Klever187

Record AUDIO ONLY from speakers no VIDEO included

Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:54 am

I just want to record what comes out of my speakers ONLY. I have attempted multiple ways. The closest way I was able to do it was by going to sound>checking "save audio tracks while recording" but it still renders a pretty big file. Right now my only option seems to be to record as a video then delete the video and keep the audio file.

If bandicam can't complete this task can you guys refer me to 3rd party software that creates really light clips? I don't care so much for sound quality to be honest. I just need it to record what comes out of my computer speakers

Zuzu_Typ

Re: Record AUDIO ONLY from speakers no VIDEO included

Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:05 am

Bandicam does not and (unfortunately) will not support this feature.

You can use Audacity - I'm sure you've heard of it.
Here's how

I hope this proves helpful to you,
--Zuzu_Typ--

Ivan187

Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:49 am

The only option you're mentioning in your original post is what I always do to solve this issue. I'm not used to recording with Audacity.

Burke

Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:21 pm

I was basicly looking for the same thing, record just the audio from the system preferably using 2 sound sources. That's not even that much of a problem if you don't use a hotkey for recording the second stream.

You can sort of still use bandicam for this although you'd need some other piece of software which can read audio streams from a video.

What i tried now is setup screen recording to record at 128x128@1fps with a quality of 10 and the audio set to 44.1K 192Kbps stereo. You still have the great bandicam option to only record from your second sound source with the hotkey and you're basicly (mostly) just recording audio. The video data with this setup is <1% of the stream. Audacity can't open the recorded file out of the box but Goldwave can and there are probably other utils that can do the same. Demuxing is also an option, there's plenty of options to open/get the audio from the recording after saving.

(Goldwave might depend on system codecs so you may need the proper codec installed)

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:43 pm

Hello Burke,

We recommend Bandicut for extracting MP3 from the recorded video.
https://www.bandicam.com/bandicut-video ... pport/mp3/

Thank you.

Cynthia1991

Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:58 pm

You can record in Audacity and also you can use to trim your audio files to just a small clip you might want as a phrase or sound effect.

Miles_Gonzalez

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:48 pm

To record audio from speakers, the best tool is the Windows voice recorder. If you'd like to record audio output on your computer too, you'd better try the DRmare Audio Capture too which works perfectly.

Junne_Mendes

Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:16 pm

There are so many free programs that can record audio from speakers no video included, such as Audacity. But free programs always come with some draws, like lower output music quality.
So if you more care about the user experience, you can use AudFree Audio Capture to do this, which can keep 100% original audio quality. It worths that money in real.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:33 pm

Hello,

We are pleased to inform you that the audio only recording mode is added on Bandicam 6.0.0!

Please check the latest version!
https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”