Ptoman5

Corrupted Files when Recording 1 Hour+

Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:43 am

As the title states, whenever I record gameplay with Bandicam for over an hour, the footage always corrupts. I try to throw it into Bandifix and it tells me the recording is fine but yet the recorded video does not open and says "This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt." and I record in AVI. This makes it hard when I try to record for YouTube and I can only record in 30 minute bursts and have to start a new recording every 30 minutes... Is there a reason behind what causes this? I'm losing content in storyline games that I just can't go back and replay.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Corrupted Files when Recording 1 Hour+

Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:53 am

Hello Ptoman5,

First, please refer to the following link and try recording again.

https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/cannot-run/

Thank you.

Ptoman5

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:05 am

I have no trouble recording except when the recording goes OVER an hour long, that is when it corrupts the final product. Bandicam doesn't stop recording, it doesn't freeze, it still says I'm recording. The FPS number is red. I have 2 screens so I can monitor the Bandicam program on the second side while playing. That link had nothing to do with my issue.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:31 am

Hello Ptoman5,

Please refer to step 4 on the linked page.

https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/cannot-run/
That link had nothing to do with my issue.
Do you mean that you have the same issue when you choose the "Xvid" or "H264 (CPU)" video codec after a re-installation of the graphics driver?

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”