TXLoveGame

Refuses to record any of my Steam games.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:06 am

So I just started using this program and to be honest I've never had this much trouble with recording software in my life.

While it works mostly fine for emulators, trying to get Bandicam to record a Steam game is beyond frustrating. Sometimes, if I wrestle with it enough, I can get the green FPS counter to show up. In games like Dark Souls II SOTFS, it refuses to even detect the game. Anyways, even when it does detect it, it won't record no matter what I do. Every now and then through a fluke it'll record something, but I can't find a consistent way to get it to work.

I've scoured Google and such for solutions and turned up nothing. None of the help articles are useful to me. How do I fix this?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Refuses to record any of my Steam games.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:01 pm

Hello TXLoveGame,

We were not able to recreate your issue while recording Dark Souls II with Bandicam 4.0.1.

Please follow the steps below and record it again.

1. Please check if the problem exists on Bandicam 4.0.1 after initializing all the settings on Bandicam.
2. Please turn off the Steam Overlay function.

If you still have the same issue, please check the following things.
1. Are you able to record the game in Windowed mode?
2. Are you playing the game in Online mode? If so, Bandicam might be blocked by an anti-cheat function in the game.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”