Hello GameTipsAndMore Blog,
Thank you for your explanation.
We are still not able to recreate your issue with Bandicam 4.0.2.
Could you get back to us with the information below?
1. Which corner is recorded? Upper right or left?
2. What are the resolution settings? You said it was "anything smaller than full size resolution", but could you tell us the specific resolution you have the problem with?
3. Please uncheck the "Use enhanced capture method (faster, Windows 8 or above)" option, and tell us the result.
4. Please let us know your PC specs.
You are most welcome. I would be happy to provide that information if it may help.
Here are my answers:
1. The recorded corner "begins" at the upper-left, even if the rectangle is placed elsewhere on the screen/desktop.
2. I have tested with various Rectangle resolutions, from 320x240 Preset, to 1280x720 Preset. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a pattern. However, once it is 'triggered' and stops working properly (sticking in the upper corner), it will stay capturing in that manner, no matter what resolution is checked.
3. I will try this and edit this post once I have done this test. Sorry I could not do it at the time of this posting.
4. PC Specs follow:
AMD FX-8350 CPU
NVIDIA GTX 1060-3GB GPU
16 GB Patriot Viper RAM
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P MOBO
Windows 10 Home version 1703
OS build 15063.726
NVIDIA Drivers 388.31
Bandicam version 18.104.22.1689
If I may add, in case it will assist, there was a larger Update to Windows 10 recently. I do not know if it is related to that, but NVIDIA SHADOWPLAY/SHARE/IN-GAME-OVERLAY has also been malfunctioning. When it seems to stop capturing on command, I need to go into the GeForce Experience application and 'restart' the In-Game Overlay. Then, the NVIDIA capture utility works once again.
In case is helps others that experience this issue with NVIDIA In-Game Overlay, here is where I 'restart' the "Shadowplay" recording utility of NVIDIA GeForce Experience (in the Settings area), when the NVIDIA In-Game Overlay stops recording or capturing:
Also, with Bandicam, I can use the NVENC codec for a long time, but once I choose a software codec (h264cpu, MPEG4) it seems to bring about the 'corner stick' issue more quickly (sometimes occurring as soon as I try, say, h264cpu codec). Once it 'sticks to the corner' in capturing, I can switch back to NVENC and it will still remain 'stuck' recording from the corner'. However, I cannot find a pattern to the 'corner stuck' issue, in general.
Here is a Bandicam Screenshot capture of GeForce Experience (taking a Screenshot with Rectangle On A Screen), showing how Bandicam was 'stuck capturing from the upper-left corner' (even though the Rectangle was placed near the center of the Desktop area) - as you can see, the Rectangle 'flashed yellow', but took a Screenshot 'starting from the upper-left corner of the desktop area' (Rectangle On A Screen, 1280x720 Size Preset):
That's all I have for now, but please let me know if I can assist with any further information. Good luck with it, guys!