Colurk

Changing Resolutions and Black Bars.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:21 am

Hello, i am having some trouble on changing resolutions, My screen is 2560x1080, so i have an unusually wide screen, now the problem is that i want to record and upload the videos to youtube, but because of my wide screen there is large black bars on either side when i record in "game" mode. so to combat this i tried to set the settings in bandicam to record it as 1920x1080 to fit youtube's 16x9 setup of their videos in hopes that the black bars would go away. but it only made the video shrink into itself and kept the black bars. could you please help me get the black bars away?

I am on Windows 7.
My VGA is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
i am using game recording mode.
I am trying to record Overwatch.
I also have the latest update of Bandicam.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Changing Resolutions and Black Bars.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:02 pm

Hello Colurk,

We recommend you select the Full Size in Bandicam format settings.
Have you tried changing the resolution of the game?
You can change it in OPTIONS > VIDEO > RESOLUTION.

Thank you.

Colurk

Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:18 pm

I have tried to go the full size already, but the black bars still stay there as Overwatch is coded for 1920x1080 it seems, so there is still black bars that appear in the game and also in the recorded video for bandicam, no matter the format i use, i have tried Full Size first, but it had the black bars still, and tried 1920x1080 and it shrunk the image into itself with the black bars still there.
i have also tried to change the resolution of the game, but it just makes everything stretched, even if it did get rid of the black bars on the left and right.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:47 pm

Hello Colurk,

Thank you for getting back to us.
We guess it is normal that the black bars are added when you play and record the game on the display in 2560x1080 resolution.

Please refer to the following link and change the display resolution to the lower one.
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6375112?hl=en

Thank you.

Colurk

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:50 pm

Thank you, i will try that the next time i want to upload a video.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”