HandsomeDyke

Bandicam gaming footage possibly corrupted?

Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:04 am

I have searched the forums for this same question with little help. I've been trying to record footage of a video game (Dayz) but when I go to view it none of my media players (VLC, Windows, Movies & TV) are able to play the footage. Are there codecs for Bandicam I should download? I have a registered version of Bandicam. And Bandicut can't read the files either. Is switching to AVI from MP4 a good option?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (13.79 KiB) Viewed 3728 times

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Bandicam gaming footage possibly corrupted?

Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:30 pm

Hi HandsomeDyke,

First, please download and install Bandicam MPEG-1 decoder from https://www.bandicam.com/codec/ and play the file with VLC media player.

If it doesn't solve the problem, we recommend you try H264(CPU) in MP4 container.

Thank you.

HandsomeDyke

Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:44 am

Awesome, that fixed the problem! Is there a codec for sound? None of the videos I recorded have sound now. I checked my settings and they seem to be ok. Although Bandicam doesn't show up in my audio mixer on Windows 10. Could that be the issue? (I.E. Windows not registering sound from Bandicam?)

EDIT: I still have a few videos that are not playing on my media players (VLC included). At least one of them are 24GB in size. Can these files still be saved?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:21 am

Hello HandsomeDyke,

Thank you for getting back to us.
The codec pack includes the MPEG-1 Layer II audio decoder.
So in case you still have the audio issue, the recorded video might have no audio tracks.
Please refer to the following page to record the audio.
https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/no_sound_ ... x_problem/
I still have a few videos that are not playing on my media players (VLC included). At least one of them are 24GB in size. Can these files still be saved?
You can try Bandifix if your output type is .AVI, but unfortunately we cannot solve the problem for broken .MP4 files at this moment.
We recommend you use the Auto Complete Recording function to save files safely when you record for a long time.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”