solafein

Bandicam Won't Connect to Webcam

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:34 am

Hey,

For whatever reason, Bandicam will not connect to my Logitech Brio. It detects it initially and allows me to select a resolution for recording and configure the settings, but as soon as I attempt to start it up, the webcam light turns on very briefly, then turns off, then Bandicam prompts me to select a device again. Upon attempting to select a device to record, the Brio webcam is no longer an option.

My Windows 10 Camera app seems to have no issue with it. Skype (Windows app version) does not either.

Does anyone know what might be the issue?

I formerly used another software (YouCam) for recording and it could find the camera just find months ago but when I booted it up again recently it also had this exact same issue.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Bandicam Won't Connect to Webcam

Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:31 pm

Hello solafein,

Are you trying to use Logitech Brio as the recording target for Device Recording Mode or the webcam overlay function?
Please make sure that the webcam device is able to be used for only one function.
Do you get any error messages?
Please let us know how to recreate your issue step by step.
We look forward to you reply.

Thank you.

solafein

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:38 am

This happens whenever I open the software and click "Device Recording Mode."

It is recreated every time I open the software. Once I have attempted to use device recording mode once and the camera lights up for a brief flicker before turning off, if I click device recording mode again it will not even show up as an available recording device in the drop down list.

I have gotten error messages saying "Failed to initialize recording capture device" and "no video capture devices have been detected" afterwards.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:06 pm

Hello solafein,

Thank you for getting back to us.
First, please uninstall the current version of Bandicam and then download and install the latest version.
Next, download and install the latest driver of the Logitech Brio and try recording again.
Also please note that a webcam device can be used by only one playback/recording software on Windows and that means you cannot use Bandicam and YouCam for webcam recording at the same time.

Thank you.

solafein

Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:35 am

I did recently download and install the latest Brio drivers. I had uninstalled YouCam completely as I intended to generally just use Bandicam but this did not fix the issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled Bandicam to no avail though I will try again.

I have not yet attempted to use the camera through two apps at the same time, however is it possible that Windows 10 is allocating the camera to use for a single app behind the scenes or something?

OBS also can't seem to use the webcam. The only things that work are Windows 10 apps such as "camera" or the Windows store version of "Skype."

When I open "camera," the light on the webcam turns on when it is in use and then turns off once I close the app, so there is no visual indication that the webcam is being used when the app is not open.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:42 pm

Hello solafein,

Thank you for your additional report.
Unfortunately we don't have any solutions at this moment.
We will share this issue with the development team and keep an eye on it.

Thank you.

bruhuk_obama

Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:34 am

im having the same problem but with epoccam whenever i record the webcam overlay says "please run camera hub to use elgato virtual cam" even tho i already have it open and i tried reopening it but nothing

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:28 pm

Hello bruhuk_obama,

We were able to recreate your issue and forwarded our development team.

Thank you for your report.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”