Drak

Flickering Textures

Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:12 pm

Hi,
I mainly record old games from the 90s with Bandicam. Normally everything is fine but I have problems with a few games.
When I play them everything is fine, but when I look at the recorded Film, some Textures are flickering the whole time.
A 15 second example (Drakan - Order of the Flame) is here:

Dropbox:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ar4xxWia-wLxgWbrGIc4cIx6_5ps

My System:
Windows 7
Graphic card model: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
Bandicam version: 4.1.2.1385
Bandicam mode: Screen Recording Mode

Thank you

Drak

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Flickering Textures

Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:58 pm

Hello Drak,

As you said you had the problem with the 'Screen Recording Mode', it must be a problem with your graphics card driver.
Please uninstall the graphics driver completely and install the latest version of it.

Thank you.

Drak

Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:54 am

Hello,

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Drivers, but the Problem remains the same. Most Games I record look perfect. But a few like Drakan (see Dropbox above) or for example Shadow Men have flickering textures. Not in the Game but on the recorded files.

Thank you

Drak

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:57 pm

Hello Drak,

Thank you for getting back to us.
Unfortunately we have no good solutions for your issue.
We guess you might record the games with the Device Recording Mode without any issue if you have 2 PCs (one for running game and one for recording the external device) and a capture card.

Thank you.

Zuzu_Typ

Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:54 pm

Hey Drak,

if your game is running on either 3Dfx or DirectX, you might try using dgVoodoo

dgVoodoo (dege (the name of the creator) + 3Dfx Voodoo graphics) supplies replacements for DirectX and 3Dfx that are a lot more compatible with modern Windows.

In the most recent version, you will find the 3Dfx replacement libraries in the 3Dfx subfolder and the DirectX replacement libraries in the MS subfolder. Just copy them over to your game directory (NOT your system32 directory!) or where the game's main executable is located and try recording it.
You can disable the "dgVoodoo" watermark using "dgvoodooCpl.exe" (Cpl = ControlPanel) from the dgVoodoo archive.

I have tried this with King's Quest Mask of Eternity and it seems to work like a charm (but I can't tell if it wouldn't otherwise).

Hope I was able to help you.
Best regards,
--Zuzu_Typ--

Drak

Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:58 am

Holla Zuzu-Typ

danke für den Tipp. Ich werds beim nächsten Game versuchen, bei dem ähnliche Probleme auftreten. ;)

Salute
Drak
--------------------------------------
Thank you for reading my post. I hope you understand my "German". *g*

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”