RBlount10

FPS won't appear on video player and hotkey won\t work.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:31 am

I have been using Bandicam Game Recond mode for over 2 years and never had a problem until today. I record from my VLC player. However, now, the FPS is not appearing at the top and my hotkey doesn't work. I reset my settings but still doesn't work. Any solutions?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: FPS won't appear on video player and hotkey won\t work.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:15 pm

Hi RBlount10,

Please refer to the following page and record it again.
https://www.bandicam.com/how-to/game-recorder/
Please make sure that the Game Recording Mode has been selected on the Bandicam main window.

If you still have the same issue, please let us know if the Game Recording Mode works correctly with other targets.

Thank you.

RBlount10

Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:43 am

Still not working. The FPS still not appearing while in the setting Show fps overlay. The hotkeys won't work. I download the updated version and uninstall/reinstall the program.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:16 am

Hi RBlount10,

We are not able to recreate your issue with VLC media player.

First, uninstall the graphics driver completely and install the latest version of it.

If it doesn't seem to help, please let us know your PC specs such as CPU, GPU, OS, and graphics driver version.
Also, please let us know if the Game Recording Mode works correctly with other targets.

Thank you.

RBlount10

Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:28 am

Still didn't work. None of the other video players work. I also tried it on a vidoe game. The FPS still didn't show or the hotkeys to record. I have to do it manually by pushing the record button the bandicam screen. My PC specs are
CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz
Operating Systems: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Graphis card: 1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:37 pm

Hello RBlount10,

We are sorry, but we have difficulty understanding your situation.
I have to do it manually by pushing the record button the bandicam screen.
Do you mean that you are able to use the Screen Recording Mode?
Or do you mean that you are able to record with the Game Recording Mode only when you press the recording button without seeing the green FPS numbers?

1. Please check if you have enabled the "Show FPS Overlay" option.

2. Please check if you have enabled the "Record/Stop Hotkey" option.

Thank you.

RBlount10

Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:21 am

Yes, for the Game Recording Mode, I can only record when I push the record button. THe FPS is still not showing on my media player and the hotkey still not working even with "Show FPS Overlay" and "Record/Stop Hotkey" enabled.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:01 pm

Hi RBlount10,

Thank you for your response.

Now we understand your situation but we are not able to recreate your issue.
Please uninstall Bandicam completely from your PC and then install the latest version of Bandicam from the link below.

https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/

Thank you.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:48 pm

If I may pop in, I have had this issue in the past with recording from Media Players (VLC, Potplayer and Media Player Classic are my favourites )...

Sometimes it has occurred after a GPU Driver/Update or switching to a different GPU [I have no preference and enjoy both main manufacturers, 'stair-stepping' everytime I upgrade, between AMD and NVIDIA, back and forth]. Sometimes it has occurred after a Windows Automatic Update, or when the application updated itself to a newer version of the player/program.

For me, whenever it occurred, the solution I found was: to Enable (or turn back on) some kind of Accelerated Playback engine in the Media Player - so that it utilizes the GPU engine for playback.
For example, in VLC Media Player, in the Video Preferences, I would have to change the Output setting to OPENGL or DIRECT3D or similar. Then, Bandicam would detect/hook on to the VLC display once again, showing the trusty FPS display. If you wanted, you can then record from the VLC Player with Bandicam (to create GIFs, etc).

**I will create a 'Tutorial' Image, showing where I made the changes in VLC Media Player, as an example (using a Recording Test I did just tonight)**

Hopefully, this is all you have to do and it will work for you, too (and others!). HTH
Attachments
[Tutorial] Enabling Bandicam FPS Overlay on VLC Media Player (one method, choose OpenGL Output) - The Game Tips And More Blog.jpg
[Tutorial] Enabling Bandicam FPS Overlay on VLC Media Player (one method, choose OpenGL Output) - The Game Tips And More Blog.jpg (258.03 KiB) Viewed 12048 times

RBlount10

Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:37 am

The suggest worked, I got it working. However, I also needed to reset my Bandicam settings. Thanks a bunch GameTipsAndMore Blog.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”