Slice

Remote server connections on startup ?

Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:58 am

Hi there,

I understand that with auto update on Bandicam has to talk to your server of course, but I also noticed via my firewall prompts it wants to talk to several other servers at that time too.

One other is amung.us (67.202.94.93) and another is ip202.67.202.66.static.steadfastdns.net (67.202.66.202). Apart from your server too there is a 4th I think but I missed it.

Are these legitimate connections and what are they for?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Remote server connections on startup ?

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:25 pm

Hi,

Please see the bottom line of this forum.
You may see the con-current user by amung.us: http://whos.amung.us/stats/empwykw9zkwd/

When you visit google.com or microsoft.com, they check your location/language/browser and so on.
When you use Chrome or Windows Live Messenger, they also check your location/language/browser and so on.

Bandicam uses the Google Analytics and amung.us.
It's only for the statistics and we think it's legitimate.

Slice

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:39 pm

Thanks for the reply. It may be legitimate but it's very annoying and still somewhat worrying. As it seems to phone home at other times too during shutdown or when I have changed a setting. That's nuts - at the very least it should wait until the next normal 1 connection per run and send info.

I rarely allow automatic full internet access to programs and instead only allow as they request connections, so it's quite annoying to get asked many times when using it.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:54 pm

We understand your annoying/worrying situation.
But, Google Analytics and amung.us are essential for us.
We're afraid that we don't have a solution for this matter.

We can promise you that we never add any Adware/Spyware/Virus or illegal thing in our software.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”