rthorpe

No sound capture/voice not recording

Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:18 am

I have tried all of the suggestions shown on the website regarding the settings on both bandicam and windows, but cannot get any voice recorded nor are there any sounds on the recordings ( the sound bar does not light up when speaking into the headset ). Please help!! We are using headphones with dual front jacks. I have tried every combination of settings, but cannot get it to work. The headset is a HyperX Cloud Stinger, the system is Windows 10.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: No sound capture/voice not recording

Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:20 am

Hello rthorpe,

Thank you for getting back to us.
Please attach the screenshot of the Windows Sound settings window and the Bandicam Recording settings window with all the options for Primary Sound Device opened.
Also, please let us know your recording mode and recording target.

Thank you.

rthorpe

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:01 am

We have gotten the sound bar to start working, but it still is not recording/playing back any noise from the microphone on our headset. We are trying to use screen recording mode.
Attachments
SNIP1.JPG
SNIP1.JPG (330.97 KiB) Viewed 7358 times

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:12 pm

Hello rthorpe,

Thank you for your reply.
We've found that you have set the microphone volume to 0%.
Please try recording again after you set the volume to 80% or so and let us know the result.

Thank you.

rthorpe

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:32 pm

We have done that many times, and it does not help.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:32 pm

Hello rthorpe,
We have done that many times, and it does not help.
We've found that you have set the microphone volume to 0% in your attached image.
Please try recording again after you set the volume to 80% or so as the image shown below and let us know the result.

Thank you.

rthorpe

Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:15 am

Attached is a new screenshot. The microphone volume has been turned up, but it still does not record/playback any noise from the headset. We have tested the headset and microphone through windows, and both work fine there. Please help, we have paid the $39 for the license, but still can't use it.
Attachments
SNIP3.JPG
SNIP3.JPG (234.67 KiB) Viewed 7270 times

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:02 pm

Hello rthorpe,

OK, we have confirmed that you had turned up the volume of the Stereo Mix.
You need to set the Secondary Sound Device not to the Stereo Mix but to Microphone.
If you have the same issue after that, please attach the screenshot of the Playback tab of the Windows Sound settings window.

Thank you.

4EverMaAT

Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:11 am

I suggest that bandicam has a "test" button that allows users to check the microphone from within the program.

Windows sound test is good also. But if 3rd party program(s) are picking up sound ok, then it helps isolate if it is bandicam-specific or windows.

Snagit, Camtasia, Skype, etc have an ability to quickly check if the microphone is picking up sound properly. I'll usually run a test there first if I have problems....although normally I do not do sound with screen recording. I narrate later.

Also, it could be possible that an app is using the microphone. But Bandicam should be able to check this internally and report to the user that it is unable to take control of the microphone.

Another trick is to go to windows services and restart the windows audio endpoint service. This will also restart the windows audio service.
start menu windows services.png
start menu windows services.png (44.34 KiB) Viewed 7259 times
services menu restart windows audio endpoint.png
services menu restart windows audio endpoint.png (53 KiB) Viewed 7259 times
If windows suddenly stops playing audio (normally sometimes after waking up from hibernation), then you can restart windows audio service and that usually fixes things.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:42 pm

Hello 4EverMaAT,

Thank you for your suggestion.
We've forwarded it to our development team.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”