danna1k

Webroot SecureAnywhere said Bandicam 4.1.5 is a virus!!!

Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:13 am

Is it really a virus?

Go back to 4.1.4 and it working fine.
I want this: The maximum video resolution for AMD VCE H.264 encoder has been changed from 1920x1080 to 4096x2160. feature from 4.1.5

What do I have to do?

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Re: Webroot SecureAnywhere said Bandicam 4.1.5 is a virus!!!

Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:33 pm

If I may pop in, some websites like Virustotal, test files with over sixty (60) different anti-virus scanners - and none of them, not one, came up with the .EXE file from the Bandicam website as a virus/trojan (including Webroot, as in your images)...

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/868a9 ... /detection
bandicam 4.1.5 scanned at Virustotal .png
bandicam 4.1.5 scanned at Virustotal .png (79.45 KiB) Viewed 5548 times
This was with the 4.1.5 file .EXE downloaded directly from the website.

It may be possible, that once the file got onto your system, it became infected with a local virus that you may have... To see if this is the case, run a Full System Scan and try to install another Anti-virus program and run it as a Full System Scan as well (I would try three different ones, if you have the time). If you run into something along the way, such as not being able to install/run some anti-virus or your system locking up or other issues, it may point to an infection on your system.

If that occurs, you can try to 'fight' for your data, by doing a Clean Boot with whatever AV you prefer, then doing a full Clean of your system. If you do not wish to go through this trouble, a retail computer outlet in your area can do it for you (for a price). You can also try simply deleting everything (format/repartition/etc) - but doing this extreme step, you will lose all of your present data. If you do have an infection of some type, doing some searches on steps to take and things to try should start you off. I hope it isn't that for you, and it is just a 'false positive' for Webroot running on your computer (false positives can occur because some scanning utilizes heuristic analysis, which is a 'guessing' at what virii 'look like' and anything similar to it is 'flagged' as a potential virus (to make you do a deeper scan, just to make sure)). GL with it, HTH

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:55 pm

Hello danna1k,

We have confirmed that Webroot SecureAnywhere does not warn that Bandicam includes a virus any more at this moment.
Please update the security software and try downloading and installing Bandicam 4.1.5 again.
If you have the problem now, please turn off the software and try again.
We would appreciate it if you could report it to the software company.

Thank you.

danna1k

Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:26 pm

I uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere and redownload/reinstall it, then redownload/reinstall Bandicam without any problems.

Thanks GameTipsAndMore Blog and Admin for the helps.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:19 pm

Hello danna1k,

Thank you for your update.
We are glad to hear that the issue has been solved.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”