johnli2024

Bandicam produces corrupted file

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:14 am

Whenever a game corrupts or crashes during game recording, bandicam dosent stop but instead you have to maually press the stop button. After pressing the stop button, it creates a file that is corrupt and unreadable/unplayable. This has happened for a very long time.

I really wish that bandicam fixes this. ex: if bandicam dosent detect that game anymore, it will automatically end the recording.

Thanks.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Re: Bandicam produces corrupted file

Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:44 pm

If I may pop in, although I am sure BANDICAM will be here soon to address the issue and look into it - a Suggestion I can give for now, is to utilize the AVI format for recording in Bandicam, as if this occurs (a game crash/etc) the AVI container can be 'fixed/recovered' with the built-in Bandicam utility found in the Bandicam folder, "Bandifix" (bdfix.exe). Here is an example of what the simple interface to the Bandifix utility looks like:
bandifix.png
bandifix.png (4.84 KiB) Viewed 3647 times
Running this executable, will start the small utility and prompt you for the 'corrupted/incomplete' AVI file, which it can then recover. Perhaps this will at least help you for now until it is looked into. HTH

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”