sakurasanta86

Is GPU Encoding with 2nd GPU working correctly?

Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:42 am

Hi there!

I'm wondering if selecting a 2nd GPU in the GPU device section is working properly? I currently have a GTX Titan as my main card hooked up to my display and HTC Vive, and a 2nd GTX 980 Ti that is not attached to any device. I was hoping to run games on the VIVE through the Titan and use the 980Ti to capture/encode footage so I could get better recorded frame rates than using the same GPU to do both tasks (run the game at 90fps in the VIVE and encode the footage).

Before I threw the 980Ti in this machine, I was using the Titan to do both (run the game and record) and when we're not recording footage, the frame rate hovers at 90fps like you'd expect. But when recording it drops to around 45fps or so depending on the game and scene. I was hoping that by installing the 980ti and using that as the recording GPU device in Bandicam that I could maintain 60fps while recording, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

I've tried using the Nvidia NVENC H.264 settings (VBR) and selecting both the Titan and 980Ti give me roughly the same frame rate when recording (45fps) but the game is running at 90 when we're not recording.

This seems like it isn't working correctly to me, but maybe my expectations are a little off? I was expecting to see a more drastic improvement by offloading the encoding, but it barely seems to be making a difference if at all. Is there any way to double check to make sure that this feature is working properly? I'm sure there isn't that many people using it, so maybe something's been overlooked?

Any info or things to try would be most appreciated.
Thanks!
Wendy

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Is GPU Encoding with 2nd GPU working correctly?

Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:33 pm

Hello,

Could you please refer to the following page and send a dxdiag file to bandicam@bandicam.com?

https://forum.bandicam.com/viewtopic.ph ... 51&p=21759

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”