HungMob

Bandicam Stuttering

Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:34 pm

Hello, I have been working with Bandicam's settings and I need help with the stuttering that I'm having. I record MineCraft and Guitar Hero 3. I use the DirectX/OpenGL to record with them. (Reasons for why I use it on Guitar Hero 3 is so it caps my FPS for Guitar Hero 3 to 100 FPS) I'm able to get pretty good quality video and audio, but the FPS is something that I can't seem to change.

Videos that are recorded at 30 FPS and 60 FPS both experience the same stuttering. With MineCraft, it's not allowing things to be seen as smooth as I would like it to be. With Guitar Hero 3, the notes are staggering their way down the highway.

Yes, I have been messing with the quality of the games to see if I could increase the FPS. With Guitar Hero 3, I have mainly been using 1280x720 Fullscreen, and have the stuttering. I lower the video quality down to 800x600 Fullscreen, same thing.

I need help with this. I'm able to record MineCraft and Guitar Hero 3, but I can't seem to get it to record without the stuttering.

Please help!

Thanks!

(LAPTOP - Samsung)
- Windows Version: Windows 7 64bit
- Graphic card model: Nvidia GeForce GT 330m
- Computer Memory: 4 GBs RAM
- Computer Processor: Intel i7 (1.6 GHz)
- Bandicam version: 1.8.0.231
- Bandicam mode: DirectX/OpenGL window
- Recording Target: MineCraft and Guitar Hero 3

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Bandicam Stuttering

Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:33 pm

Hello!

You're using a mobile graphic card/notebook.

1. If you can't get a good FPS, you need to reduce the FPS and video quality like below:
- Game resolution: 800x600
- Video Size: Full Size
- Video FPS: 15~20
- Video Quality: 50~70
- Audio codec: PCM
For more information, visit http://www.bandicam.com/faqs/how_to_red ... recording/

2. Try 'Rectangle on a screen' mode in Minecraft.
Some people are saying that 'Rectangle on a screen' has a less lag in Minecraft.

HungMob

Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:04 am

Ok, I'll try your suggestions and see if that does anything.

Thanks!

HungMob

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:07 am

Ok, I tried the box with the settings provided and it was horribly laggy, for gameplay and video. So I went back to DirectX/OpenGL and tried same settings. It seems to have lowered the stuttering by a little bit and has made it a little bit more bearable, thanks. Are there are any other settings that I can try to help smooth it better?

Video
Size: Full Size
FPS: 25
Codec: MPEG-1
Quality: 60

Audio
Channels: Stereo
Frequency: 48000
Codec: PCM

Another thing is that for MineCraft, as I'm watching the FPS number in the top left of my screen, while recording the number sometimes hits 100+. So MineCraft is running pretty smoothly, but the video still hasn't gotten to that smooth flowing video.

Also I have been monitoring my CPU and RAM usage while doing this and it hardly ever surpasses 60%-65% RAM memory and 30-40% CPU.

Thank you!

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:42 am

Try other settings:
1. Change the video codec from MPEG-1 to Motion JPEG
2. Go to FPS tab of Bandicam and uncheck "Set FPS limit"

This settings can reduce the recording lag depending on the computer.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”