Fordisac

Issues with Full Screen Recording

Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:55 pm

Hello

I would like to report an issue that I'm having with bandicam, but before I explain what the issue is, here's some details about my pc and bandicam software version, which I think may be relevant in solving the issue:

Dell 7567 laptop
4K display (3840 by 2160 screen resolution)
Nvidia gtx 1050ti graphics card
Windows 10 version
Bandicam 4.3.0.1479 version

I wanted to use the screen recording mode of bandicam to record a video from an online video streaming website, which was accessed using mozilla firefox browser. After setting the recording mode to 'full screen' and the preset to 'default', I started screen recording the online video (I switched the online video play to full screen orientation), and after I finished, I played the saved screen recorded video but found out that the video was very choppy (it has terrible fps and the way the video was playing was nothing like the way the online video was playng).

I decided to change the recording mode to 'rectangle on a screen' and also left the present as 'default. I started screen recording the online video (I switched the online video play to a smaller screen orientation and I also cropped the recording area to match the smaller screen orientation of the online video play), and after I finished, I played the saved screen recorded video but this time the video was smooth (It has good fps and the way the video was playing was exactly like the way the online video was playing).

Aferwards I carried out exactly the same process on youtube, screen recording youtube videos in both full screen orientation and smaller screen orientation using bandicam 'full screen' mode and 'rectangle on a screen' mode (with the same default preset), but I had the same issue I described above. I even tried changing various settings (for video and audio format), to see if I could solve the issue of the choppy screen recorded videos produced by using the 'full screen recording mode', but that didn't work.

Here's a link to two video files which I think might better explain the issue. The first file shows the choppy video produced using the 'full screen' mode, while the second file shows the smooth video produced using the 'rectangle on a screen' mode.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnLatQGFOhwgoXjlSvH2DdTjU-yP
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnLatQGFOhwgoXlFDCxUs7NqBv4Z

Regards.
Last edited by Fordisac on Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Issues with Full Screen Recording

Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:01 pm

Hello,

If you use the 'full screen' mode, the resolution of the video is 3,840x2,160
If you use the 'rectangle on a screen' mode, the resolution of the video is 2,400x1,348

To reduce lagging, use a desktop instead of a laptop, reduce the video resolution of the recording target, reduce the video size, FPS, video quality and try the hardware-accelerated H.264 encoder of Bandicam.

For more information, refer to https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/how_to_re ... recording/

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”