hdnine

Nvidia NVENC "Failed to initialize codec" error

Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:15 pm

This happens almost every day. With the settings i currently have i can record stuff for the most part using NVENC, but the longer time goes by while playing, eventually the codec fails. So it seems like it has something to do with the software being open too long or that my graphics card getting to warm or something? I have a GTX 970.

So i try to close down Bandicam and then reopen. Sometimes this does the trick but for the most part i need to reboot the computer.

You guys need to fix this since it's really annoying not being able to record games while playing. And before you ask... no, i will not change to CPU-based codec since the frame rate gets affected.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Nvidia NVENC "Failed to initialize codec" error

Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:03 pm

Hello,

Which games are you trying to record?
Do you have the issue with other games?
What is the resolution of the video you recorded through Bandicam?

If you're trying to record a game that uses a lot of graphic memory, it might happen.

- Please go to the display settings of the game and reduce the video resolution and video quality.

- Please disable other programs including Shadowplay.

hdnine

Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:46 pm

I record in 2560x1440 and as of late i have been playing Strange Brigade and Black Desert Online -- both have had the above issue. I have a new PC with an Amd Ryzen 7 2700x but still use an older GTX 970 card. I plan to upgrade it but the new RTX cards are so damn expensive. Would this solve the issues you think?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:12 pm

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us.
First, please uninstall the current version of Bandicam from your PC and install the latest version of Bandicam.
https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/

Next, please try the solutions below.
1. Change the resolution settings to 1080p from 2560x1440.
2. Change the video quality settings to 80 from 90.

If you still have the same issue, please make sure if you have the same issue with the H.264(NVIDIA NVENC) and let us know the result.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”