TheTallTurtle

Enormous Performance Loss Recording in 4k (But Fine in 1080p)

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:38 am

I used to record everything in 1080p with absolutely ZERO frame per second loss. But now that I have a new computer capable of 4k, I would like to record in 4k, and the performance hit is astounding!

Why is there zero performance hit in 1080p, but an astounding hit in 4k? I understand that the computer is doing a tremendous amount of extra work to record, but my old, crappy computer didn't have to work at all to record in 1080, but my new one crawls to a near stop to record in 4k.

Is this because Bandicam hasn't been optimized for 4k yet? Are there extra codecs I should look into?

I tried AVI with MJPEG, I tried NVENC, I tried using the CPU...nothing makes any difference.

I record flight sim videos, so frame rates are extremely important. I get 35fps with my sim maxxed out without recording,. If I record in 1080p, I retain 35fps, but if I record in 4k, I get 12fps, so the sim won't run.

Am I missing something here? Other people record flight sim in 4k just fine with no performance loss and computers that are much less powerful than mine. They are using other software, sure, but I REALLY love Bandicam, so I would like to continue to use it.

Any thoughts on what I can do to increase 4k recording performance?

i7 8700k @ 4.9, 32GB RAM, RTX2080, 500GB SSD. PC runs well under dangerous temps, etc.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Enormous Performance Loss Recording in 4k (But Fine in 1080p)

Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:04 pm

Hi TheTallTurtle,

Please refer to the solutions in the FAQ and record the game again.

Lag/Lagging: Computer lag, my computer runs slowly
https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/how_to_re ... recording/

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”