JustPassingThrough

Lost a game recording

Tue May 21, 2019 6:37 pm

I'm trying the free version of Bandicam to see how it performs.

I have it configured how I want - resolution/quality/audio etc.

I have tested that Game mode works using the F12 hotkey. I have successfully recorded a short game video.

I started Apex Legends, hit F12 - the FPS counter turned red. I started playing.

I played one game then exited to desktop.

I realise I forgot to hit F12 to stop the recording.

In the Bandicam Window, I hit Stop recording.

After a couple of seconds, I am shown an error message saying that Bandicam is unable to stop the recording (or similar message), and did I want to force stop, I selected Yes.

The resulting video was 0 bytes in size...
Last edited by JustPassingThrough on Tue May 21, 2019 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JustPassingThrough

Re: Lost a game recording

Tue May 21, 2019 6:41 pm

Correction - I closed Bandicam and reopened it, there is now a 500MB mp4 video file, but it's corrupted and VLC shows me nothing when I try and play it.

JustPassingThrough

Tue May 21, 2019 6:57 pm

Confirmed same behaviour a 2nd time. I can see r5apex.exe is actually still running even after I exit. I am also unable to delete the video file because r5apex.exe still has a handle open to it. I have to force close the r5apex.exe process. Despite the mp4 file being 1.2GB in size, it's unplayable.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:47 pm

Hello JustPassingThrough,

Actually 'Game Recording' mode of Bandicam has the auto stop function when the recording target is lost.
In most cases it works correctly, however, there are a few cases where the problem might occur as Bandicam cannot receive the information that the game had been closed.
You can try Bandifix if your output type is .AVI, but unfortunately we cannot solve the problem for broken .MP4 files at this moment.
We will try to find the solution for your issue in the future.

At this moment, we recommend you use the Auto Complete Recording function to save files safely when you record for a long time.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”