Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: bandicam stops working at random intervals (stops hookin

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:20 pm

Hello dex88 and Kethus,

The problem is that we can't reproduce the FPS/hooking problem you mentioned.

Only a few games/computers may stop working at random intervals.

We will appreciate that if you can find a pattern of the problem like below:
- The problem happens when I record ABC game (Game Title)
- The problem doesn't happen when I record a video on Windows Media player.

Decicus

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:51 am

Dex, remember that Bandicam is a relatively new program compared to Fraps. And I bet the Bandisoft team is trying their best to fix this problem, but you would have to wait until the next update anyways.
And the thing you say about DXTory, it is not entirely free. Unless you have a license, DXTory also has trial limitations. Just saying.

dex88

Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:34 am

i don't care how new a product is. if its not ready for release, it shouldn't be.

its plagued with bugs that that are evident between many people, on many different machines, that competing software companies don't share in their software.

all we get is copy/paste responses of how they aren't experiencing this problem on their machine. well, if they did proper and THOROUGH testing on different machines, this would be evident for them.

when your capture program fails to maintain on its target, tha'ts a pretty big problem.

they fail to acknowledge a problem, and disregard it.

that is NOT a healthy final, release candidate attitude.

anyawow

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:15 am

This issue is why I have not purchased this software. It is just not reliable. I used fraps for many years and have never had this issue.

Kethus

Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:49 pm

Since you guys can't recreate it and we are experiencing the problem on all games, then it's safe to say the problem isn't in the games. You can't do any detailed testing if you have only 1 computer. I can't see any "about" page so I don't know how many people are working on this software, so if it's just one and you have only one computer, you can always ask friends to test it.

Kethus

Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:09 am

OK, it seems most of the time Bandicam stops hooking during a loading screen. Maybe if the frame rate is below a certain point it unhooks itself?

cadc

Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:45 am

what game are you attempting to record?

or is it all games?

cus I haven't had hooking problems since like the last 4 updates of Bandicam, everything just works... it could be a problem in your end actually.. not sure :ugeek:

cadc

Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:49 am

also, Loading screens do cause a strain on your CPU as it has to load big amounts of data at one time, though this should not cause bandicam to unhook.

however, for games like Deus EX Invisible war, Loading screens actually turn off the game for a split second before loading the next phase of the game, that's when unhooking is liable to occurr

dex88

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:46 am

can we have the ability to manually lock/hook a process ?

kogashuko

Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:44 am

Sounds like the same problem I am having except mine unhooks the second I start ANY game.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=888

Before anyone says it is my PC, I have a I7 2600k, geforce 680, 8gb of ram, running two seperate hard drives for software and record. I also have a 25m/5m connection. It is not my PC. The thing worked perfectly until I got the latest geforce drivers. I have listed this in post I put up and have gotten zero feedback other than they cant recreate the problem. I paid for the software and expected to get at least a little support other than the cut and paste.

Sounds like they need to go from pay to use to open source. They should also give refunds to all the people have purchased the software in the last year and had it randomly stop working if they are not going to provide support.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”