jasonvp

Bandicam Feature Requests

Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:47 pm

Hey folks -

I've been playing around with Bandicam for a bit and have some suggestions on features, additions, and whatnot. Bear in mind that some of these may be doable already and I just haven't figured it out. And if so, educate me, please. :-)

1. More Audio Channels
Two audio channels are good. More is better. Basically: don't limit it. Allow the user to have N audio channels in their file if they want, and let them choose the sound devices to record from. I need at least three, but I can see where more would be useful for someone.

2. Ignore Overlays
I run "Playclaw" so that I can watch my system load, GPU load, etc while I'm playing. Like MSI's Afterburner overlay, it puts up stats on how the CPU and GPUs are doing. Several recording apps out there have a feature in which overlays aren't recorded. Might be neat to see that as an option here.

3. Real CFR.
At the moment, choosing "Prefer CFR" while recording 4K NVENC doesn't produce a CFR video. It's variable. It feels like the software is falling back on VFR even though it doesn't need to. I'd recommend removing "prefer CFR." Specifically, make it, "Use CFR". And if the system it's running on can't deal with it, then the user will be rewarded with a loss of in-game frame rate. That way, the software never makes up its own mind, it's entirely up to the end user.

4. HDR
Writing 10-bit h.265 video files out is the first step. Being able to grok 10-bit HDR video would be huge. Don't down-convert to SDR, just output the 10-bit output and leave it to the end user to use an NLE that can work with it.

Thoughts?

gdgsdg123

Re: Bandicam Feature Requests

Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:53 am

1. More Audio Channels
"Format settings" -> "Audio": "Save as original format". (only available when "Codec" is "PCM")

2. Ignore Overlays
Nice to have... though likely useless to me.

3. Real CFR.
Check this.

...recording 4K NVENC doesn't produce a CFR video.
Note: NVENC * may not be able to handle encodings of 4K (3840x2160) @ 60 FPS, especially when the recording source is of high scene complexity, and/or the encoder is configured to operate in non-Intra mode.

* Depends on the GPU, at least with Bandicam.

4. HDR
Writing 10-bit h.265 video files out is the first step. Being able to grok 10-bit HDR video would be huge. Don't down-convert to SDR, just output the 10-bit output and leave it to the end user to use an NLE that can work with it.
Before the hype... consider paying a little attention to what HDR is really?

Also, the input source (game or whatsoever) is hardly 10bpc (10-bit per component) *. Let alone the majority of us are even using lossy encoding in the video processing...

* Usually 8bpc, but also note the colorspace difference. (RGB vs. YUV)

Off-Topic

I wonder a question: what makes you wanted to try Bandicam?.. as it seemed that OBS already works fine for you. (...the very reason I'm reluctant to test OBS)

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”