stvnjsha

Mouse pointer shows up when it shouldn't

Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:06 am

Been using bandicam for years and all of a sudden the mouse pointer is showing up when it shouldn't. Rechecked all settings and saw all the mouse boxes were unclicked and the mouse cursor still shows up.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Mouse pointer shows up when it shouldn't

Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:59 pm

Hello stvnjsha,

We were not able to recreate your issue.

Please uninstall the current version of Bandicam and restart your computer. Then download/reinstall the latest version of Bandicam(4.5.7) from our official website and check if the problem still exists.

https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/

Thank you.

StuartL

Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:06 pm

I've just installed Bandicam to record some desktop activity and I'm having exactly the same issue. I have downloaded the latest version (4.5.8) and recorded as follows:
- Windows 10 64 bit
- Bandicam 4.5.8
- Desktop apps running in a window
- Fullscreen recording
- "Show mouse cursor" disabled in Recording Settings (obtained by clicking on the mouse cursor icon at the top of the Bandicam window).
- "Show mouse cursor" disabled in Video settings (obtained by clicking "Video" on the left hand side).

I then record and use my normal desktop apps and the mouse cursor is always visible, both when recording and in the actual recording. If I enable the "Show mouse cursor" setting it appears to have no effect on the video. The other mouse cursor settings (e.g. highlight and click animation) do seem to have an effect.

My ideal outcome is to have the mouse cursor visible while recording but invisible in the resulting video.

StuartL

Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:14 pm

I've just answered my own question. I found a setting under Recording Settings titled "Use enhanced capture method". I disabled this setting and it now behaves as I expected. I guess there's something in this 'enhanced capture method' which always records the mouse cursor.

Could you update the UI so that the "Show Mouse Cursor" option is forced ticked and greyed out when this option is selected? Perhaps pop up a tool-tip to explain to the user why it cannot be disabled?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:43 pm

Hello stvnjsha and StuartL,

We are still not able to recreate this issue.
For further investigation, could you please check if you have the same issue with Bandicam 4.5.0 or earlier verison?

https://www.filehorse.com/download-bandicam/44338/

Also, could you please attach the DxDiag.txt file?
If you don't know how to get a DxDiag.txt file, please follow the 6th step on the page below.
https://www.bandicam.com/support/tips/amd-app/#faq

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

alecconroy3

Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:29 pm

my issue now resolve, thanks for share informative information

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”