Orisa

Is Bandicam compatible with Elgato Game Capture HD?

Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:26 am

Hello!

I recently got a Elgato game capture HD (the 2012 model with the HDMI and A/V output), and I've used it fine on the Elgato software and OBS. I wasn't super satisfied with those programs and heard a lot of good things about Bandicam. I downloaded it fine, but it keeps saying that it cannot detect a device at all. I checked the other recording programs again, and sure enough everything is working fine, recording from the external device to the TV.

Is Bandicam not compatible with this model of Elgato or something? I tried looking up answers but couldn't see any, and just thought maybe I'm missing something.

Thank you!

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Is Bandicam compatible with Elgato Game Capture HD?

Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:58 pm

Hello Orisa,

We guess you are using an older version of Bandicam.
The latest version of Bandicam should be compatible with Elgato game capture HD.
Could you check the version of Bandicam you have installed?

We look forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Orisa

Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:41 pm

Thanks for the quick reply!

It says I have Bandicam 4. 5. 8. 1673, and I also did the update check and it says it's the most updated. I got the download off the front page of Bandicam. I also made sure my Elgato Game Capture HD Drivers were updated from their support page. Just super weird, I don't see anyone else having this issue, and I know my device works since I've just used it on the Elgato and the OBS (and everything is plugged in).

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri May 01, 2020 5:03 pm

Hello Orisa,

Thank you for getting back to us.
Unfortunately, we cannot do some tests with your webcam device, however, we have tested with the HD60 S and found that there is no problem.

We are sorry that we couldn't give you the answer you wished for.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”