JemyM

Bandicam ignores games after awhile

Thu May 14, 2020 3:05 am

The Bandicam window say "Please click on the recording target window". If I do so after just restarting the software that line changes into the name of the game, what kind of directx or opengl is used, and its current resolution and the REC button lits up. The start recording hotkey works and all that.

For as long as I used BandiCam, 3 years, this have been unreliable. After a day or two when clicking the game window again, Bandicam no longer detects it. Its not a specific game this is happening to, but when Bandicam begins to ignore games this way, no game will be detected. The only option at this point is to restart the software. Its been routine to have to restart Bandicam everytime I record something. I even made a fast-key for this in AHK.

Its sad, because there are so many times I missed to record something cool because Bandicam had stopped to detect games, so the hotkey doesn't work. The primary games i record at this moment is Second Life (Firestorm client, Open GL) and Path of Exile (from steam, Direct X 11).

Any clue why this is happening or alternate solutions for it?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Bandicam ignores games after awhile

Fri May 15, 2020 5:05 pm

Hello JemyM,

Please refer to the following link to solve your issue.

If you can't see the green FPS number, please see the solutions below
https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/no_fps_fr ... nd_number/

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”