robjim82

Audio drift on every 60-120 minute capture.

Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:29 pm

Computer: Microsoft Surface 3 / Windows 8 /CPU 1.60 GHZ / RAM 2 GB / Intel(R) Atom x7-z8700
Bandicam: Bandicam 4.5.8.1673

Your software worked perfectly during my trial, so I purchased a license for my computer. Unfortunately, shortly after this, I have audio drift (audio delay by 0.4 seconds to 1 second) on every video that I capture over 1 hour long, typically starting after the first 40-60 minutes.

I am using your product to capture many ntsc vhs. My goal is to use quicksync h.264 mp4 as the codec at variable bit rate at 100% quality.

I have attempted avi and mp4 with every codec unsuccessfully. My software, drivers, and OS are up to date and have more than 50% available on my hard drive. I have attempted frame rates of 29.97 and 30 at both VBR and CBR (although I understand CBR works best to avoid audio drift). I have even uninstalled/reinstalled your software.

Although short clips can be captured without audio drift, I purchased this for transfer of 90 minute to 2 hour videos.

After my most recent reinstallations, I have noticed that the captures split into new ones automatically between 20-30 minutes now. Autocomplete is disabled and yet it persists.

Can you offer any new advice for either problem?

hunigiwo

Re: Audio drift on every 60-120 minute capture.

Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:30 pm

How to reproduce your problem?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:20 pm

Hello robjim82,

Regarding the audio sync issue, please refer to the following FAQ page.
https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/audio-sync-delay/

Thank you.

robjim82

Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:08 pm

I followed the faq, but it is not resolved.

jobel30263

Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:14 am

I've also had audio/video synchronization (drift) issues using Bandicam for longer (especially higher resolution) screen captures. To resolve this, I transcode the screen capture file using Handbrake (https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php) with CONSTANT frame rate encoding as MP4 (using same CONSTANT frame rate as the source file). I've observed that most streaming video content is done at 23.976 FPS, not 30 FPS.

Please note, even when Bandicam screen capture is set to CONSTANT frame rate, it reverts to VARIABLE frame rate when it can't keep up. Since screen capture is very "resource intensive", it's very difficult for Bandicam to "keep up" unless you have a very powerful computer. I haven't yet used any laptop that's able to "keep up", but you may have different experiences.

Note: You can use the "free" MediaInfo software tool (https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo) to review actual audio and video properties of any video screen capture file. This is how I confirmed that the CONSTANT frame rate setting of Bandicam actually encodes a VARIABLE frame rate file under "stress" conditions. Audio/video synchronization issues are characteristic of VARIABLE frame rate encoding.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”