Skoardy

Feature Request - Record Time on DX/OpenGL Window

Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:57 pm

I've been using Bandicam for a while now and it's a fine product. The videos I've been creating are for YouTube, like I expect most peoples are and I try my best to keep an eye on the time both to go under the 15min limit and to keep the upload size down to something I can manage.

I noticed on the 'Rectangle on a screen' target option, there's a timer in the middle of the top bar and that has been very useful while creating my Minecraft videos but obviously, while using the 'DX/OpenGL window' target option (for my Borderlands & Just Cause 2 videos), there's no bar and so, no timer. I was wondering if it would be possible to add a toggleable feature that would display a timer - maybe like the FPS display, but perhaps in the top-right corner?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request - Record Time on DX/OpenGL Window

Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:37 pm

Hi Skoardy,

We will add the timer in the future.

Thank you for suggesting

plasticsaint

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:37 am

Skoardy, a temporary fix for you (until they implement the timer) is to set Bandicam to automatically split up your videos into whatever time/size segments you want. This can be done on the "General" tab under "Auto-complete recording".

ie. You want to keep your videos <15 minutes, set it to auto-complete by time and set the max time to 14:30-- then under "After completing auto recording" select "Start New Recording".

Skoardy

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:35 am

It's more of a visual cue rather than the actual length of the clips. I edit them afterwards anyway to get to a usable length, anyway.

I spotted the timer on the framed window and found it very useful for keeping a mental note of how things were progressing - whether I needed to wrap things up or just hurry them along. Noticed that there wasn't a similar feature for the DX/OpenGL recording method and thought I'd suggest it here. Sorry for the misunderstanding, plasticsaint.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”