Hungash

Failed To Initialize Encoder

Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:46 pm

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered a million times by now, but I'm tired and have been trying to see if there is a fix for this for about 3 days now...

I can't Alt + Tab out of a gaming during Game Recording Mode without it stopping the recording and giving me the "Failed To Initialize Encoder" error...

The thing is, is that it did allow me to do so with no problems at all the first day, still recording the game even though it was minimized from Alt + Tab..

But now it no longer does which is a little confusing and I've tried uninstalling Bandicam and reinstalling it..

I've deleted my Graphics Drivers and have tried re-downloading and going so far as to go back down the list all way to the beginning of the year and downloading each of those drivers and trying it.. still to no avail..

I've jumped all over the Settings and different Formats... nada..

If there is anyone who has ever come across this and fixed it let me know!

Many Thanks and Best Wishes to ya!

Edit: Also just noticed that it stops recording when I use F11 to get out of fullscreen mode as well :/

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Failed To Initialize Encoder

Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:42 am

Hello Hungash,

We do not recommend you use the "Alt + Tab" during recording because it might cause some problems when saving the recorded files or finishing recording.
If you'd like to use "Alt + Tab", we recommend you use the "Pause Hotkey" function (No. 2) before pressing "Alt + Tab".

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”