ixthUA

Some suggestions to make it a perfect recording software

Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:36 pm

I have been recording pc videos since 2000s and tried majority of pc recording software. Right now i have 3 recording programs installed to fit my needs. Obviously i would like to have one perfect program, rather than 3 imperfect.
Here is my channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/ixthua , it has over 1300 videos, all recorded with pc software.

The folowing things are missing in Bandicam.

1. Recording indicator overlay in desktop capture mode. I need it so i know i am recording. Capturing desktop is much safer than capturing a game, because it does not crash. Relive has this.

2. Captured video duration near recording indicator. It is super useful to know when i should stop recording the current file and write video information into it. ReLive has this, i hope bandicam will get this too. The reason to split video into smaller files is that blackouts and bsods happen, and loosing a short video is better than loosing a 1-2 hour video.

3. Crop/pad video in desktop capture mode. Older games do not support widescreen and ultrawide resolutions, so i play them in windowed mode, capturing only that part of screen where game window is located. OBS Studio has this.

4. Scale output video resolution. I play games in 1080p resolution, but upscale them to 1440p during recording. Reason for this is that youtube enables high quality vp09 codec starting with 1440p resolution and above, while 1080p and lesser resolutions use low quality avc codec. OBS Studio has this function.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Some suggestions to make it a perfect recording software

Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:13 pm

Hello ixthUA,

Thank you for your suggestions.
We have forwarded your requests to our development team.

Regarding your 4th suggestion, you can set the recording resolution as you like in the Video > Format settings.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”