jonz2k20

Recording stops at resolution change?

Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:00 pm

I just bought Banditcam and so far I am happy with the product except that the recording seems to stop randomly quite often. If I cant fix this the tool that i bought is useless to me.

I installed bandicam (most recent version) on my windows 2016 server. The gold is to record the screen all the time at 1frame per second for debuging and security purpouses.

I use remote desktop and Teamviewer to connect from different workstation and cellphone. It turns out that when I connect from different workstations to remotedesktop and Teamviewer the resolution changes depending on the workstation. I made a correlation between the time the resolution changes and the video stalls.

At that particular time the recording timer stops but the recording button stays in recording mode, but nothing wil work. If i stop the recording and restart it will start to work again.

I tried AVI, MP4, all kinds of codec and quelity settings. Sound is off, I tried to change the process priority. I tried full screen recording, fized size recording... nothing works. It feeezes arround 50% of the time when I remote desktop using a different screen resolution.

In windows event log I see this error when the recording freezes

==============================
Faulting application name: bdcam.exe, version: 4.6.2.1699, time stamp: 0x5f2b4066
Faulting module name: bdcap32.dll, version: 3.1.3.334, time stamp: 0x5f2b3f71
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x005a3c7a
Faulting process id: 0x1b0c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d68af485b49ac5
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bandicam\bdcam.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Bandicam\bdcap32.dll
Report Id: 4a92734b-3549-4391-b25c-ed5177c185f4
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Recording stops at resolution change?

Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:33 pm

Hello,

Do you use the Game Recording Mode?

If the resolution of the target video has changed, Bandicam will stop recording, restart a new recording or the video will not be saved properly.

You may press the pause hotkey (Shfit+F12) before you connect to the different target.

We're sorry that we don't have another solution.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”