sheppo

guild wars 2 - two audio tracks = the same

Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi,

I've got bandicam set up to record two audio tracks.
1) win 7 sound (WASAPI)
2) microphone

80% of the time bandicam will record like this, as standard. However 20% of the time bandicam will record 2x microphone, and totally ignore win 7 sound.

I have no idea why this is, and only notice it in guild wars 2 - although this may be a red herring since i've only used it to record guild wars 2 since upgrading to the latest version.

possible bug. Long time bandicam user, and only started seeing this issue recently.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: guild wars 2 - two audio tracks = the same

Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi sheppo,

Please attach your 'Record settings' screenshot like below.

We can't test the game at the moment because the game is sold out.
We will try other games to reproduce the bug.

sheppo

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:40 pm

just a bit more information. it appears to be only the first recording after starting GW2 that has the second audio track in both tracks. subsequent recordings in the same session are fine.

http://i.imgur.com/H04rd.png

marajin

Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:58 am

Getting the exact same issue, consistently.. when trying to record the new X-Com demo. I get 2 perfect recordings of my microphone and no game audio save what is distantly audible from my headphones through the microphone.

I can confirm I definitely have set the primary audio device to Win 7 Sound (also tested it using stereomix) and the secondary to my Blue Yeti microphone.

I have never ever seen this issue with bandicam before and as far as I know this version has worked ok with a few games I've tried to record but seems determined to give me dual track stereo microphone recordings instead of stereo game and stereo microphone :P

Naturally having downmixing on merely gives me a single recording of my microphone.

ShadowXOR

Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:27 am

Luckily I've only had this problem with tests. I'd be pretty sad if I recorded a long video only to find out that I didn't get any of the sound. Now I'm scared... :?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:49 pm

it appears to be only the first recording after starting GW2 that has the second audio track in both tracks.
We could reproduce the problem you mentioned in Guild wars 2.
We know how to fix this problem, but it may take several months.
(We have to change some structures in the source code)

We're sorry for your inconvenience.

when trying to record the new X-Com demo. I get 2 perfect recordings of my microphone and no game audio save what is distantly audible from my headphones through the microphone.
EDIT:
We've tried the new X-Com demo and found the same problem like the Guild wars 2.
We will try to fix the bug as soon as possible.
If you use 'Rectangle on a screen' mode of Bandicam, you will not have the sound problem.

Thank you for letting us know your problem.

marajin

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:03 am

EDIT:
We've tried the new X-Com demo and found the same problem like the Guild wars 2.
We will try to fix the bug as soon as possible.
If you use 'Rectangle on a screen' mode of Bandicam, you will not have the sound problem.

Thank you for letting us know your problem.
Thanks for your response! :) While workable, I find that bandicam tends to capture its own control bar while doing this at a fullscreen 1920x1080 too which isn't ideal. I can play a lower resolution in windowed mode without recording the title bar at least but again not ideal... At least I get functioning audio so it's usable.

A lot of people do stick with 720p video for capture and YouTube but I have the system and internet bandwidth to comfortably use 1080p so it's always nice to be able to do that.

I suppose I might be able to hide the full screen capture bar. I'll have a play around.

Nevertheless, I appreciate you monitoring the forum, identifying the bug and responding! I look forward to a fix in future updates :) I'd be very interested to know why these two games actually cause this bug out of all the countless games and 3D applications people are probably recording with bandicam.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:13 pm

it appears to be only the first recording after starting GW2 that has the second audio track in both tracks.
We've just released the fixed version (1.8.3).
Please download it from http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/ and let us know your result.

Best regards,
Bandicam Team

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”