Wayne011

No CBR for NVENC? No CFR?

Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:06 am

Hello

I wonder can I set NVENC codec to render CBR instead of VBR?
Because there are no such options in the codec settings. Look at the .img below, it's saying VBR and I can't set CBR anywhere.
Would appreciate for the feedback.

2. Also my fps is variable, can I set it to be constant? Or does it repeating my game fps with further my 60Hz monitor limiter of 60 fps or smth?

MrVolpix97

Re: No CBR for NVENC? No CFR?

Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:44 am

Hi, in my opinion .AVI format for rec is the best, then render in MP4 but u maintain the quality of the videos:
I would help u now with some settings:

Next 60 Fps u can click on the three points e set CFR and not VFR
Next H264 (NVIDIA NVENC) u can click always on the option button and choose CBR, if u feel ingame that ur mouse dont scroll smooth so u feel input lag u can change it again to VBR - KeyFrame Interval: 1 - FourCC Code: X264
Then u can set 100 Quality
Profile High or Main (Depends by ur HDD space), ofc with high u get more quality, more deepness.

I want be honest with u, i was using this Preset at the begin when i had low settings pc and i didn't knew about Codecs, Fps and these things, but now like now i prefer and i use only Lossless Codecs: MagicYUV, Lagarith, UtVideo. Even if the most used by me is the first one: MagicYUV, ofc Lossless codec means more HHD Space, with normal settings u get like 400mb/s.
I hope you enjoyed my help, if you need anything else just let me know.
:D

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:39 am

Hello!

1. You can set to CBR. Please refer to the image below.

2. If you select "60" FPS with the CFR option, you will normally get a "constant 60FPS video".

However, even though you select 60 FPS with the "CFR" option, you will get a "VFR" video if your computer/encoder is not good enough.

Please refer to the following link.
VFR (Variable Frame Rate) vs. CFR (Constant Frame Rate): https://www.bandicam.com/support/tips/vfr-cfr/

Wayne011

Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:29 pm

Thank you for your answers, I was blind and did not see these 3 dots, but anyway I now know more than if I would not asked this.

Not sure if VFR is good for my case, because I will have to edit the video and with VFR I will get an interlacing defect in it, or it will be slower than it should be (Sony Vegas project fps is set to 60).

And thanks for the article, I see now how I can get solid 60 fps for my tasks.

1. I don't think AVI is good enough, because it's an old container and the size of the end file is too big, compared to mp4, with almost the same quality.
2. I don't really need 100 quality, 28mbit\s is enough, because the video will be uploaded to YouTube and it will recode it to VP9 with the smaller bitrate, so having biggest bitrate will actually hurt the video quality in the end.
3. If I set keyframe interval to something different than 1, that means my non keyframe frames will be blurry, containing less information than keyframes when editing frames in the editor 1 by 1? Like on the picture from the article I read here.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”