EChondo

PC License Question

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:51 am

I am an avid gamer and I switch hardware regularly and that usually means re-installing Windows as well.

If I buy a PC License(1) if I register it to an account and re-install Windows, do I lose the license or?

This really confuses me in the sense that I have to buy 2 PC licenses if I want to use it on my own desktop and laptop.
The "2-PC License" would be useful when one user uses the Bandicam program on two computers.
To use Bandicam on 2 computers like "Home + Office", or "Desktop + Laptop", you have to purchase the "2-PC License".
Which doesn't really make any sense because I am one user, so why should I buy 2 licenses? I'm only going to be using my laptop or my desktop at one time not at the same time so then I only need one license in the sense that I can sign in on let's say my desktop and then sign out and sign on my laptop when I want to use that instead.

Can someone explain this to me then? Really confused because I have to buy 2 licenses for one user if I want to use Bandicam on multiple machines, so then I'll have to buy more and more licenses each time I add a new piece of hardware to my desktop because it's a "new computer", well that's how SecuROM sees it as.

Isn't Bandicam account based? Wouldn't I be able to just sign out and then sign back in on any other dekstop/laptop and use it from there with only 1 license?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: PC License Question

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:00 pm

If I buy a PC License(1) if I register it to an account and re-install Windows, do I lose the license or?
If you uninstall the registered Bandicam, you can re-use/transfer the license to another computer.
Which doesn't really make any sense because I am one user, so why should I buy 2 licenses? I'm only going to be using my laptop or my desktop at one time not at the same time so then I only need one license in the sense that I can sign in on let's say my desktop and then sign out and sign on my laptop when I want to use that instead.
Software company has a different license policy. We sell Bandicam per a computer.

For more information, please visit http://www.bandicam.com/faqs/bandicam_l ... on_policy/

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”